SOLVED

Encrypt only in Outlook 2016/365

Brass Contributor

Does anyone know when it will be possible to see/use the "Encrypt" only option in Outlook 2016/365? Its visible in Outlook Web, but missing in the desktop app.

9 Replies

Yes, it's already available if you are on the current channel, and should be coming in the next update for those on Targeted release.

I have looked at the releases but cant seem to find out when it was released. Do you know the version or build?

best response confirmed by Jesper Stein (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Should be Version 1804 and later.

Hi @Vasil Michev,

Is this available for Volume License versions of Office 2016? I am running the latest update of Office 2016 Professional Plus MSO 16.0.4738.1000. The "Encrypt" label is missing, All other labels show up in Outlook desktop. But when I use OWA, I am able to see the "Encrypt" label. Can you help?

No, this is for the Pro Plus version only, afaik.

@SherwinF We have exactly the same issue - i think its just not an option in non-O365 versions 

@Vasil MichevAny idea why I would not see the button with 1902 (Build 11328.20230 Click-to-Run)?  Licenses are E1, ProPlus and EMS E3.  Functionality does appear in the online version.

Have now upgraded to Version 1902 (Build 11328.20318 Click-to-Run), and changed license to Microsoft 365 E3. Waited a couple of days but still no button in the Outlook client.  Anyone got any ideas?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jesper Stein (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Should be Version 1804 and later.

View solution in original post