Emails from Gmail account showing as blank body (Mac)

Copper Contributor

Hi, I've been trying to sort an issue for someone with Outlook for Mac. They have Gmail connected and some emails (usually from certain people) don't have any content in the email body. Attachments are there but no text in the body. There is content visible on Gmail online. I have tried to set up with IMAP and I get the same issue.

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies

@roberttodds Having the same problem on windows. Someone please help.

@alfredorubio 

I have the same issue with every email I receive in my Gmail account. I'm using Windows 10. The issue began two days ago and affects all incoming mail. I've never created any autoresponders, so that's not the issue. I've checked with several of the senders, and it's not an issue on their end.

l notice that all of the emails in my Sent box are now blank too, even ones I wrote months ago. I know that none of them were blank prior to two days ago. Is there some setting that I've inadvertantly turned on or off?

Also, my vacation responder in Gmail is off, and I've tried restarting both Gmail and my laptop.

@roberttodds 

Found this solution on another thread it worked for me as well.

"Go to the website  uBlock Origin. In the upper right corner of the Chrome browser, click on the uBlock Origin icon in the toolbar. ...

The uBlock Origin's popup window will appear. Click the large blue power button to turn off uBlock Origin for the current site."

@MrJKel021 Thanks, but we don't use that extension, and the issue is with outlook, not gmail so chrome is not used.