Duplicate calendar in desktop Outlook

Copper Contributor

9 users all have a "SharedCalendar" ((a Shared Mailbox) that they put all events on so that all users can see. They don't use their personal calendars at all. 

Within the last couple of weeks, when they open Outlook, they see the calendar twice. They can close one, but it re-loads next time they launch Outlook. Not a major problem, but apparently a major annoyance for a couple of key users.

I ran the "outlook.exe /resetnavpane" and the problem seemed to have resolved, but then the shared calendar disappears from their phones. As soon as I add it back to their phones then  the duplicate re-appears in Outlook.

I feel like I'm missing something simple. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

5 Replies

@Brady Gilbert I'm having the same issue and more. Curious why this is happening.

@Brady Gilbert I'm experiencing this issue myself now.  It began when I was issued a new laptop.  Did you find a way to remove the duplicate?

@SORTON1000 I had the same issue and fixed it by repairing my Outlook installation

@Brady Gilbert Did you ever resolve this issue? I am seeing the same experience every few months

@williama09 
Here's what I learned from my own thread about this same issue:

For me, it worked to repair my Outlook installation:

It seems people have misunderstood my original solution. I did not "re-install" Outlook, I "repaired my installation" of Outlook. Those are two different things. I haven't had the issue since then. See this link to learn how to repair the installation: How to Repair Your Office or Outlook Installation (slipstick.com)

For others, it worked to uncheck "Turn on shared calendar improvements".

1. File
  2. Account Settings
  3. Account Settings (Again)
  4. Email Tab
  5. Double Click Your Email In The List
  6. More Settings
  7. Advanced
  8. Uncheck "Turn on shared calendar improvements" Under "Microsoft 365 Features"
  9. Click Apply
  10. Click OK
  11. Exit Outlook Entirely
  12. Restart Outlook

If it doesn't work after these steps, restart your computer and then check again before assuming this step hasn't worked. If another solution is found, I will edit this comment with that solution.