SOLVED

Download address book

Copper Contributor

I want to download the address book of the organization I'm in through MS Outlook.

I'm not an administrator, I'm a regular user and I'm able to view or search the address book.

I've followed the instructions below but I get empty CSV files, no matter how few or many items I select for the export. In the export I just see selected categories but no data.

Why are the instructions below not working?

Here are the steps I've followed:

1. Open Outlook and sign in with your Microsoft account.

2. Click on the "Contacts" icon in the bottom left corner of the Outlook window.

3. Click on the "File" tab in the top left corner of the Outlook window and select "Import and Export" from the list of options.

4. In the "Import and Export Wizard" window, select "Export to a file" and click on the "Next" button.

5. Select "Comma Separated Values (Windows)" as the file type and click on the "Next" button.

6. Select the "Contacts" folder as the folder to export from and click on the "Next" button.

7. Select a location to save the exported file and click on the "Next" button.

8. Click on the "Finish" button to start the export process.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Wired93 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
The instructions you're following are for exporting your own contacts, not the GAL. For this to work, you need to Copy all the GAL entries to your Contacts folder first.
I've been doing this but unfortunately Outlook starts tripping as I'm copying thousands of contacts from GAL to personal address book. I guess I'm not working on the best solution.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Wired93 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
The instructions you're following are for exporting your own contacts, not the GAL. For this to work, you need to Copy all the GAL entries to your Contacts folder first.

View solution in original post