Double clicking a hyperlink opens a new browser window rather than a new tab in existing window.

Copper Contributor

I don't know if this is caused by upgrade of windows to 20H2 or recent outlook maintenance, but the action of double clicking a email hyperlink has changed. It used to open a new tab in an existing browser window, but now opens a new browser window. For whatever reason, my new browser window (Chrome) doesn't open with my extensions, so my password manager is not available. My current circumvention is to right click, select copy hyperlink and manually paste in a new tab. Any chance of getting the old function back. It's hard to retrain years of habits. Thanks.

4 Replies

False alarm. Sorry to say that another software installation changed my default browser setting. Sorry for the confusion.

Hello
If the topic is out of date then you can delete it!
Thank you
I would be happy to delete it if I knew how to. Unfortunately my search for "delete post" provided no useful information.
If you have any questions or need help, please contact techcommunity@microsoft.com.
You can also report to the moderator as a report of disapproval with the explanation that you entered the topic in error - it's normal.
Good luck