SOLVED

Does share calendar option works for shared calendar?

Brass Contributor

I can see the "share calendar" available for any of my calendars, but any shared mailbox will be greyed out. This is by design? will be the Office 365 groups the alternative for this?

Capture.JPG

Regards

10 Replies
best response confirmed by Carlos Gomez (Brass Contributor)
Solution

It does, but you need to have the entire shared mailbox added to Outlook, as additional account. Or do it via OWA's "Open another mailbox" functionality. In both cases, you need full access permissions on the shared mailbox.

Hi,

When I try using OWA I get this error "The sharing invitation couldn't be sent"

Capture.PNG

Regards.

Hm, well it works fine for me. Make sure you are opening the shared mailbox directly, not just selecting the shared calendar from your own mailbox. An easy way to do this is to open: https://outlook.office.com/owa/shared@domain.com/

Once you open the page, go to Calendar, select it, press Share, enter the email and press Share again.

I've tested even trrying the link you have provide it, but  I got same error message even do the permissions are being applied, seems that the share notification is not being delived.

After giving me "send as" permissions the error message was not longer showing up and share permissions are being applied.

It seems that only OWA will work, I've tried with outlook by adding the shared mailbox as an additional account but the button appears as greyed out.

Go it now,

I've removed the full access permissions which had the automapping enabled, then added the same full access permissions without automapping, finally added the share mailbox as an additional account and the button works fine at outlook.

Thanks. 

Yes, automapping = additional mailbox, you need it as additional account in order to expose all the functionalities in Outlook.

Thanks,

Even do that we have the functionability enabled by adding it as an additional account I now receive this error when try to share the calendar with full details.

Capture.PNG

Also I found this link that refers to same error message: http://www.epsilonxrm.com/content/office-365-calendar-sharing-policy-does-not-allow-granting-permiss...

So, probably the only wayto share it will be doing it with OWA.

Regards.

Hold a sec :)

Here is the workaround to be able to share it by using outlook

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/983062/internal-recipients-receive-an-internet-connection-s...

From the link:
Cause

This issue occurs when an internal recipient is also in your Contacts list in Outlook. When you add this recipient to a Calendar Sharing message, the autocomplete feature of Outlook adds the recipient to the recipient list by using the recipient's external email address.

For example, a recipient has the Exchange alias User1. When you add them as a recipient to the Calendar Sharing message, their address is displayed as User_name (User1@contoso) and not as User_name.

Workaround

To work around this issue, select internal recipients directly from the global address list. To do this, follow these steps:1.In the Sharing invitation, click the To button. The Select names window opens.
2.In the Address, select Global Address List.
3.In the Search box, type the recipient's name.
4.Select the recipient to whom you want to send the invitation, and then click To.
5.Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each internal Exchange recipient to whom you want to send the invitation.
6.Click OK, and then click Send.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Carlos Gomez (Brass Contributor)
Solution

It does, but you need to have the entire shared mailbox added to Outlook, as additional account. Or do it via OWA's "Open another mailbox" functionality. In both cases, you need full access permissions on the shared mailbox.

View solution in original post