Deleted OST file for Outlook 2019, Outlook won't open

Copper Contributor

Hi, how do I fix this issue: I accidentally deleted my corrupted .ost/OST data file for Outlook 2019.  When I tried to reopen Outlook:

"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook.  Cannot open the Outlook window.  The set of folders cannot be opened.  Errors have been detected in the file C:\Users\Smart\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\XXXX - XXX.ost."

(XX -  for my privacy) My platform is Win10.

Thanks.

4 Replies

Hi @DaueMad83 

Try to start Outlook in safemode
win + R
outlook.exe /SAFE

Best regards Schnittlauch

@DaueMad83 
One option besides starting Outlook in SafeMode could be to create a new Outlook profile. You can create a new Outlook profile by going to "Control Panel" > Mail > "Show Profiles", "Remove" the profile and click Apply. Now when you next start Outlook it will create a new profile for you.

JarradMcMullen_0-1642419477459.png

JarradMcMullen_1-1642419509412.png

Such error is common and make the OST file inaccessible. You can either create new OST file by deleting old one and let the server sync the data to it. Or if you want some quick solution then create a PST out of OST using Magus OST to PST converter and import PST in your MS Outlook. Hope this helps!

If your want to open Deleted OST file for Outlook 2019 then you need a trusted and professional solution for this problem. TrustVare OST Converter Tool is safe to convert Orphan, damaged, corrupted, and deleted OST files. This application can work with all Windows versions whether it's new or old. This application is supported with all MS Outlook versions without any hesitation. This application keeps the original structure safe and secure when the conversion process is ongoing. There are users has no need to install other software to see deleted OST files in Outlook. Users can grab the free demo version of this app to see the latest features and functions of the software without paying single money.
Read More: https://www.trustvare.com/blog/restore-accidental-deletion-of-emails-from-ost-account/