SOLVED

Custom + Multiple REMINDER options in Outlook

Copper Contributor

I left MS Outlook many years ago.  One of my primary frustrations at the time was an inability to set multiple reminders for a Calendar event.  (Google's Calendar offered this functionality.)  Fast forward nearly 10 years and I'm back to using Outlook but I still cannot set multiple reminders?  Or even change the reminder time to a custom setting. 

Surely this is possible...  I've been reading forums elsewhere and it sounds like MS users have been begging for this tool for years but it's fallen on deaf ears.?  Perhaps there is a good/simple workaround???  

13 Replies
best response confirmed by pknmscomm (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @pknmscomm

I am an independent advisor responding to this inquiry.

I have good news for you. The Outlook Online version allows settings for single and multiple Email Reminders.  Check out the images below.

Teresa_Cyrus_0-1661921637045.png

Teresa_Cyrus_2-1661921900370.png

And, you can choose a custom time.

Teresa_Cyrus_5-1661922370776.png

Copy of Email Reminder

Teresa_Cyrus_4-1661922299147.png

If you find this information helpful, please mark it as the best answer which will assist other users with the same question.

/Teresa

#traccreations4e

Teresa, any plans to enable this for full blown Outlook Windows / iOS app ?

@PeterSilhavy 

Microsoft's roadmap does not mention a rollout date for Windows / Phones.

/Teresa

@pknmscomm I would really like this to be available from the desktop version where it reminds me with a sound and pop up reminder, not an email.  It also makes me have to leave outlook on the desktop to go to the web and it’s another step.   Is it possible to make that available on the desktop version as well?   Thank you 

@DManoll 

I suspect this feature will be available on desktop and mobile since Microsoft tries to bring consistency across applications. Stay tuned. 

I suggest posting your requirement to Microsoft's Feedback Hub.

/Teresa

@Teresa_Cyrus 

Any update to this?

@jklassen14 

Desktop Windows = Not available st this time

New Outlook = Available 

thanks for the tip, but this is absolutely ridiculous. why sending emails and not simple notifications? I already receive hundreds of emails every day! I can't believe a so basic functionality can't be available in outlook

@jklassen14 

Sorry for the delay with a response.

This feature still sends an email instead of popping up or sound. 

@Teresa_Cyrus and to all,

Please vote for this feature's enhancement to include the in-app pop-up reminder with the option to choose sound. Like this post, if you plan to vote.

VOTE HERE

Teresa_Cyrus_2-1688326131299.png

You can also vote on @LorMan2475 feedback as well. 

/Teresa

@Teresa_Cyrus 

I've recently changed jobs and forced to go to Outlook for our email and calendar, which has been VERY frustrating after using Chrome's for so long.  Outlook is not nearly as intuitive, and requires so many more keystrokes to get something simple done like change to the next month, set multiple reminders, and the alarms for the reminders are almost non-existent. 

And a manufacturer's rep sent me a calendar invite for when he's in town, but now I can't schedule meetings during that time without it giving "suggested times" to the client I'm trying to schedule with.  And, it auto sets the meeting with TEAMS, which is also not wanted.

Is there a way to run my work email through Google and use their platform?  

Thanks,

DW

@Very245 

It may not be possible to use Google email with your work account. Many IT departments do not approve of it.

You have the option to disable MS Teams.

Teresa_Cyrus_0-1701200152011.png

• You can schedule meetings even if you are double booked and override suggestions.
  • I have a dedicated New Outlook video playlist to help you transition.
    New Outlook for Windows - YouTube

Teresa

Been in the tech field from 1983. Using Microsoft Windows from the 1st version Windows 1.0. Have never liked Outlook and still don't but Microsoft Mail moving to Outlook NEW in 2024. I always used Mail over Outlook because of the lack of features in Outlook.

Outlook still can't set multiple reminders but you can create a calendar to put one additional reminder in.

I created a calendar and named it Reminders. Set the color to Red so reminders will show red in my calendar view. I duplicate an Event from my main calendar and place it in Reminders. This allows me to have at lest 2 reminders for each event. A little inconvenient but with the lose of Mail, it is the only answer for now.

@pknmscomm 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by pknmscomm (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @pknmscomm

I am an independent advisor responding to this inquiry.

I have good news for you. The Outlook Online version allows settings for single and multiple Email Reminders.  Check out the images below.

Teresa_Cyrus_0-1661921637045.png

Teresa_Cyrus_2-1661921900370.png

And, you can choose a custom time.

Teresa_Cyrus_5-1661922370776.png

Copy of Email Reminder

Teresa_Cyrus_4-1661922299147.png

If you find this information helpful, please mark it as the best answer which will assist other users with the same question.

/Teresa

#traccreations4e

View solution in original post