Changed Domains / lost emails in Outlook

Copper Contributor

Hi

I have a user that used to be an employee in our Canada domain.  She was let go and we scrapped that domain.  She came back to the fold and I set her up in our US domain.  As soon as I did that, she lost her old emails in her old Profile.  I do see her old profile in Appdata but don't know how to tell Outlook to use that OST file?  I am getting mixed signals on how to approach this issue.  Can you offer some suggestions?

Thanks

2 Replies

Hi @akstorch ,

if you can still open old profile in Outlook, open and just export e-mails to PST. Once exported, you can open new profile and their import PST to US domain, or simply open.

If you can't open old profile, you can use OST to PST converter. Once converted, you can Open PST or import.

If you just google "ost to pst converter" you will get many results. Here is one example tool: Free OST to PST Converter to Export, Migrate & Convert OST to PST (stellarinfo.com) . 

You can take a look at the documentation: Stellar Converter for OST - EN (stellarinfo.com)

@akstorch 

If the domain id is connected with Outlook, you can easily export you can easily convert OST to PST by following the below steps.
Convert OST to PST Manually

• Open Outlook and go to the File menu.
  • Select the Import/Export option.
  • Choose Export to a file.
  • Select Outlook Data File (.pst)
  • Choose whether to export a specific folder or the whole account.
  • Check the Include subfolders box.
  • Next, select a destination for the Export, and then click Finish.

If your OST file gets corrupted or inaccessible you have to take the help of any professional third-party solution, like MailsDaddy OST to PST Converter Tool.
To know more, visit here: https://www.mailsdaddy.com/ost-to-pst-converter/