Cannot open links in Outlook emails

Copper Contributor

Yesterday I could open any link from my email. I have not downloaded any new programs. When I click on a link in an email the following is in the heading - nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com - 
The page that opens has the Office 365 logo, which I don't use, and a exclamation mark in a red triangle with the words underneath - This web page could not be loaded. Due to an internal error, this web page could not be loaded. We recommend that you close this page. Learn more about malware.

I use Chrome however the problem also happens on my Android phone as well so am thinking it appears to be an Outlook issue.

11 Replies
I am having the same issue :( Hopefully someone will have a solution.

If it's not an Office 365 account, what type of email account is it? What version of Outlook are you using? 

Having the same issue on both my Mac's and iPhones.  Making it difficult to confirm optin to Microsoft emails...

I can't speak for the op, but I am signing in on outlook.com with a @live.ca account. This issue occurs while on my laptop (windows), or my iPhone in both the app and the web browser.

i checked with the Outlook.com product team - this is a known issue and they are working on it.  

Looks like it is fixed for me, thanks.

Mike,

Did it just self-resolve or did something happen?

My org is suddenly having the same issue - a link in an Outlook email to a SharePoint document will sometimes generate the Malware warning screen... not always but it's enough to be a hassle

I believe it was a problem with Office365 internally and it was resolve within 24hrs.  I have not had or heard of any issues since and just tested again to make sure ;)

Ahh, alright - I'll give it a day and see if we get as luck :)
I'm also getting this error while accessing links from the outlook app on android.

Hi,

Our team is having the same issue. May I know who to contact to resolve this? Thanks!