Cannot delete mails in the Focus Folder anymore

Copper Contributor

What is wrong with Outlook? It has been nearly 2 weeks, and I cannot delete my emails in the Inbox, Focus emails folder. If I delete them, they reappear immediately, so now the inbox is growing and I have to use another email system.

Why do these things happen at all? This never happened on gmail,

7 Replies

Hi @Sem7889.

Does this issue occur on the web? Can you delete other emails from folders like Deleted items?

Follow these steps to try to resolve the issue

• Update Outlook with the Send/Receive button
  • Create a new Outlook profile
  • Check if there are any Outlook rules causing emails to return
  • Delete emails on Outlook web to isolate the issue if it's a desktop issue. 

If you find this information helpful, please mark it as best response which will assist others with the same question.

/Temitope Victoria
#temitopevictoriacompany

T@Temitope_Victoria  This IS on the web version. The free one.

None of the mentioned suggestions help.

MS

It seems like you're encountering a syncing issue with Outlook's Focus folder. This could be due to a corrupted Outlook profile, a glitch in the software, or a problem with your email account settings. Here's what you can try:

• Restart Outlook: Sometimes, simply restarting Outlook can resolve temporary glitches. Close the application completely and then reopen it to see if the issue persists.

• Check Outlook Settings: Ensure that your Outlook settings are configured correctly, especially regarding synchronization and folder management. You may need to adjust settings related to your Focus folder or perform a manual sync.

• Repair Outlook Profile: If the problem persists, try repairing your Outlook profile. You can do this by going to the Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles, and then selecting your profile and choosing "Repair."

• Clear Outlook Cache: Clearing the Outlook cache can sometimes resolve syncing issues. Go to File > Options > Advanced > Outlook Data File Settings > Disable Offline Use > OK, and then restart Outlook.

• Contact Support: If none of the above solutions work, consider reaching out to Outlook support for further assistance. They may be able to diagnose the issue more accurately and provide specific troubleshooting steps.

I hope this solution works for you.
This is all for outlook on a laptop. I use outlook online only. I don't know how to contact Outlook Support...

Hello @Sem7889,

Sorry about the issues you're facing. 

If you're using the personal subscription, Contact Microsoft Support here

Ok,
If you're using Outlook online and want to contact outlook support team, you can follow these steps:

• Visit the Outlook help center or support page on their website.
• Look for the "Contact Us" or "Support" section.
• You may find options for live chat, email support, or a phone number to call.
• Choose the most convenient method for you to reach out to Outlook support.
• Explain your issue with as much detail as possible to get the best assistance.
• Follow any instructions provided by the support team to resolve your problem.
"This page does not exist" - when opening the link to Support for Outlook.

Outlooks sucks