Cannot add a second account to outlook

Copper Contributor

I can add my company account (gmail based) to Outlook.  The company email (gmail based) says Java isn't enabled. 

1.  It is, it's confirmed it is. 

2.  It allowed my first email without that issue. 

It is truly maddening using Outlook for one email address and gmail for the other.  I am required to use both in my job. 

Corporate office tells me "Outlook doesn't play nice with gmail and often returns that mistaken java error"  and encourage me to use gmail for both.  Hello, same issue, popping between two emails all day. 

Can someone help me resolve this?  We aren't paying for Office365 to be limited this way.  

7 Replies
This is the error? 'This web browser does not support JavaScript or scripts are being blocked' when adding a Google Workspace account
See this article -
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/error-this-web-browser-does-not-support-javascript-or-scri...

Do you guys have Edge set to allow IE emulation? Some Gmail accounts will get this error - "This browser or app may not be secure." and changing the IE emulation settings fixes it - I'm not sure if it will fix this one. (The reg key in the article I posted did not work for a user with a workspace account I was helping.)

Open Edge's Settings and search for Internet Explorer (or open this link: edge://settings/defaultBrowser)
Change Let Internet Explorer open sites in Microsoft Edge to Always (Recommended)
If Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode is not set to Allow, change it too.
Then try adding the account to Outlook again (you need to start over)
I do not use Edge, we use Chrome for everything. Must I use Edge then and do this fix?
No, Edge does not need to be set as the default browser - it only needs to be installed. Outlook will use Edge for this (and View in browser) but does not care if it's not the default.

You can try setting Edge as default long enough to see if it gets past the error...

Definitely check the IE settings in edge://settings/defaultBrowser and add the registry key Microsoft recommends.
https://www.slipstick.com/outlook/outlook-errorgoogle-sign/

I have followed the directions, it is set properly to the picture - this is NOT the error I see btw. 

It has had those settings as shown in the picture in the link you provided.  Has been since your suggestion before seeing that link. I even reset network and rebooted (another site's suggestion.) And I closed out of Outlook completely as well. 

The browser you’re using doesn’t support JavaScript, or has JavaScript turned off.

To keep your Google Account secure, try signing in on a browser that has JavaScript turned on. Learn more

Did you also set this key from the Microsoft article and restart Outlook?
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION
Find the REG_DWORD OUTLOOK.EXE and double-click to edit.
Select Decimal and change it to 11001 and select OK.

@Diane Poremsky   Sorry, I did not.  I am at work, so "work" interrupted my process. 

I will go back to the beginning and follow all the directions - take two!