SOLVED

Can't attach files from onedrive to outlook

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Im having issues with not being able to attach files from OneDrive to outlook while using the web interface (it works just fine in the app). 

When I press the attach button nothing happens.

However if I press "share link" after selecting the file I want to share and then right click the link and select "share a copy" it works... 

3 Replies
firist: try to update this browser
second: try to use another browser

@Ola_Birgersson 

It sounds like there may be an issue with the integration between OneDrive and Outlook on the web. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Clear your browser cache and cookies: Sometimes, temporary files or outdated cookies can cause issues with web applications. Clearing your browser cache and cookies can often help to resolve these types of issues.
  2. Try a different web browser: If clearing your cache and cookies doesn't help, try using a different web browser to see if the issue is browser-specific.
  3. Disable browser extensions: Sometimes browser extensions can interfere with web applications. Try disabling any browser extensions you have installed and see if that resolves the issue.
  4. Check for updates: Make sure that your web browser and the OneDrive and Outlook applications are up-to-date. Sometimes, outdated software can cause issues with functionality.
  5. Can't share OneDrive files from Outlook.com

I hope these suggestions help you resolve your issues with Outlook.

best response confirmed by Ola_Birgersson (Copper Contributor)
Solution

It seems to be working again now (not sure why).

I tried using other browsers/clearing the cache etc to no effect, checked the console window in both chrome and firefox while clicking the attach button and neither of the browsers came up with any errors (in fact they didn't seem to register any button push at all).

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ola_Birgersson (Copper Contributor)
Solution

It seems to be working again now (not sure why).

I tried using other browsers/clearing the cache etc to no effect, checked the console window in both chrome and firefox while clicking the attach button and neither of the browsers came up with any errors (in fact they didn't seem to register any button push at all).

View solution in original post