Calendar Overlays in Outlook 2016

Copper Contributor

I have a rather picky customer request that's got me scratching my head for a solution. I'm turning here for help figuring this one out.

We recently migrated this customer to Office 365 Exchange Online and Office 2016. They had a public folder with a shared calendar that we're looking to upgrade. This calendar would show bookings for the conference rooms and staff vacations. I've created room resources and an Office 365 group so they can manage their shared calendar individually. It's almost there - but there's one thing they want that I can't seem to provide - when they go to their calendar(s) in Outlook, they want two calendar views - the calendar on the left is their personal calendar, the one they want to see on the right is the group calendar with the resource calendars overlaid. I can only seem to overlay calendars on the first calendar, I can't get it to show up on the second one. Is there a way I can either overlay the calendar views *or* get resource bookings to show up on the Office 365 group without sending notifications to the entire group? 

1 Reply

>>  Is there a way I can either overlay the calendar views *or* get resource bookings to show up on the Office 365 

The overlays are always over the first calendar...   you'd need to copy the appt to the other calendar - i don't know if you can do it in flow, but you'd need something like that to copy the meetings. (VBA can do it.)