Calendar Items Deleted

Copper Contributor

Hundreds of calendar items were deleted without notice or prompting. The items are still being indexed in Outlook\Deleted Items\Calendar, but there isn't a way to access the contents of that folder to restore the items. Any help?

9 Replies

@mkobliska 

If you accidentally deleted calendar items in Outlook, you can often recover them from the Deleted Items folder.

Here’s how you can do it:

1. Open Outlook and go to the Deleted Items folder.
  2. Search for the calendar items that you want to recover.
  3. Right-click on the calendar item and then select Move > Other Folder.
  4. Select the Calendar folder and click OK

If you can’t find the deleted calendar items in the Deleted Items folder, you might be able to recover them from the Recoverable Items folder.

This is a hidden folder where items are moved when you delete them from the Deleted Items folder or when you permanently delete them by pressing Shift+Delete.

Here’s how you can recover items from the Recoverable Items folder:

1. In Outlook, go to your email folder list and then select Deleted Items.
  2. On the Folder tab, select Recover Deleted Items.
  3. Select the calendar items that you want to recover and then select Restore Selected Items.

This should recover the deleted calendar items and move them back to your Calendar folder.

I hope this helps! 

Thank you!

@NikolinoDE 

Thank you, this worked.

In addition, if the calendar entry was just deleted but the Item was created a while back, the Deleted item would be found towards bottom of the Deleted Items folder corresponding to the DATE the item was created.  In my case found it all the way at bottom since item was created back in 2021.  Thanks...

hi, can i recover deleted "focus time" events in outlook calendar? @mkobliska 

Hi!

what about meetings that I initiated? they appear in sent items, not deleted items. 

If I accidentally deleted the meeting, and didn't cancel it (let's say the cat walked on the keyboard), how can I recover it in Calendar? 

why isn't there a trash bin for meetings?

Thanks!

@joohnemily 

Welcome to the community!:smile:

We're thrilled to have you here, and thank you for your kind words.

I'm glad you found the information shared by a members like me, helpful.

If you ever have more questions or if there's anything else you'd like assistance with, feel free to ask in the Community.

This community is indeed a great place to share knowledge and support each other.

Happy to have you on board!

@Ayalo25 

to  mkobliska , Ayalo25,

Recovering deleted meetings that you initiated in Outlook can be a bit trickier since they typically reside in the "Sent Items" folder rather than the "Deleted Items" folder. So far I know, Outlook doesn't have a specific "Trash" or "Recycle Bin" for meetings. However, you can try the following steps:

1. Recover from Deleted Items:
    • Open Outlook and navigate to the "Deleted Items" folder.
    • Search for the meeting invitation you want to recover.
    • Right-click on the meeting invitation and choose "Move > Other Folder."
    • Select the Calendar folder and click OK.
  2. Recover from Recoverable Items:
    • Go to the "Deleted Items" folder.
    • On the "Folder" tab, select "Recover Deleted Items."
    • Search for the meeting in the list, select it, and click "Restore Selected Items."

As for "Focus Time" events, if they are calendar items, you should be able to recover them using similar steps as mentioned above for calendar items. However, if "Focus Time" is a specific feature or category in your Outlook that's not treated as a calendar item, you might need to check if your Outlook version has a specific way to recover deleted items associated with that feature.

Remember, the success of recovery depends on how your organization's Exchange server is configured, as some policies may affect the retention of deleted items.

If the above steps do not work or if you are using Outlook in an organization, it's recommended to contact your IT support for assistance, as they might have additional tools or backup systems in place to help recover deleted items.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks for the steps! I found my deleted calendar event, and moved it to Calendar folder but now it is nowhere on my calendar. I'm regretting doing the last step because i could of easily copied the info from the inside the event, and now it is lost again.  Any suggestions?  I tired looking on every day on the calendar, doing keyword search, nothing.  Thank you.

@NikolinoDE 

@elena2080 I am also wondering the same thing - a meeting I initiated has ended up in my deleted items and disappeared from my calendar but the other attendees haven't received a cancellation notification so the event still exists on their calendar but I can no longer change or cancel it - it's a series so I need to be able to change it. Does anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!