SOLVED

BCC in meeting invite Outlook 16.65

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I do not see any option to add people bcc in meeting invites (last update Outlook 16.65)

No cc, bcc, or resource field.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards

Christophe

6 Replies
best response confirmed by ChristopheS (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ChristopheS 

I am an independent advisor answering questions about Outlook.

As shown in the image below, you must click on the Optional button to Invite Optional Attendees (IOA). IOA is used as the Carbon Copied (CC), and their names are listed in the invite.

The Location field is the Resource field. You can no longer add people's names in this area.

Teresa_Cyrus_0-1668001883202.png

Now for your BCC question.  Once the meeting invite is created. As the meeting organizer, you can Forward the email message to others as follows:

• Navigate to the Sent Folder
  • Open Meeting Invite Email Message
  • Any names in the To Field is a required invitee to the meeting
    or CC Field is an optional invitee. (Again, these names will appear in the calendar invite.)
  • Any names in the Email BCC will not appear on the invite, but the meeting details are provided in the body of the message. 

Teresa_Cyrus_1-1668003359044.png

If you find this information helpful, please mark it as the best response or like it, which assists others with the same question.

/Teresa

#traccreations4e

Thank you Teresa for the detailed response.
I do not have the same view as the first picture you attached.
I have only have the "To:" option to select people to invite.
But I like the second idea, to forward an existing meeting, then using Bcc.
Thanks for your support.
Christophe

@Teresa_Cyrus When I open the meeting invite in the Sent Items folder the bcc button is greyed out so I can't select it. Is there a setting to change this?

@paulbloom_cs 

Once you open the email from the Sent folder, you must Forward the message then the BCC command is available. 

Remember to like or mark this post as the best response which will help others with the same question. Thank you kindly.

The problem with just forwarding an invite is that if people don't accept it and this is the case sometimes, then they won't get the reminders or follow-ups.  The BCC is needed!  Help! 

Thank you

I have tried all options and still do not see the BCC option. Help!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ChristopheS (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@ChristopheS 

I am an independent advisor answering questions about Outlook.

As shown in the image below, you must click on the Optional button to Invite Optional Attendees (IOA). IOA is used as the Carbon Copied (CC), and their names are listed in the invite.

The Location field is the Resource field. You can no longer add people's names in this area.

Teresa_Cyrus_0-1668001883202.png

Now for your BCC question.  Once the meeting invite is created. As the meeting organizer, you can Forward the email message to others as follows:

• Navigate to the Sent Folder
  • Open Meeting Invite Email Message
  • Any names in the To Field is a required invitee to the meeting
    or CC Field is an optional invitee. (Again, these names will appear in the calendar invite.)
  • Any names in the Email BCC will not appear on the invite, but the meeting details are provided in the body of the message. 

Teresa_Cyrus_1-1668003359044.png

If you find this information helpful, please mark it as the best response or like it, which assists others with the same question.

/Teresa

#traccreations4e

View solution in original post