attachment not showing in office 365, but are showing in private mailbox

Copper Contributor

We've been having this strange problem that I cannot find an solution for.

Some users get emails from an automated system (other domain than ours) with a jpg-file attached. But the file is not showing as an attachment in our Outlook or OWA. When I send the same mail to my private mail address, the attachment is there and view able.

Even when I forward the email (without attachment) from my outlook to my personal mailbox, the attachment is visible. But when I forward the exact same mail to my colleague, there still is no attachment.

When I then forward the mail again from my personal mailbox to my office mailbox, the mail has an attachment. 

When I go look in the source from the mail there is this line of text: "X-MS-Has-Attach: yes"

I can find the line in both my personal mail as in my O365 mail, but there is no attachment showing in O365.

I would really appreciate someone to point me to what I'm missing here. 

Thanks!

5 Replies

Sounds like maybe something with your Exchange Server and the security settings. Are you able to see what settings your administrator has put in place? @kniiiip 

Thanks for the answer. I do have access to the exchange server settings.

But when I look at the mail I do find these lines:

X-MS-Exchange-Organization-SCL: -1

X-Microsoft-Antispam: BCL:0

X-Forefront-Antispam-Report: SCL:-1

Which would indicate that the mail is either not checked or marked as "safe"

@SarahFabius 

Can you compare Content-Type headers of messages? 

These are the content type headers

for my private mail (which has the attachment): Content-Type: multipart/mixed; 

for my office mail (no attachment): Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat"

The thing that keeps bugging me is that if I fore ward the mail without attachment (from my office mail) to my personal mail, the attachment is there. So somehow, somewhere, the attachment is linked to the mail. In the mail itself is a link to the same jpg on a public server, but it is just a http-link in the text.

@SarahFabius 

Hi,

have you ever found a solution? i am experiencing the same problem

kind regards,