AOL not sync - Problem Resolved

Copper Contributor

Just wanted to post here because I have been running into this issue for years, but I could resolve it in other-ways until yesterday!
I have outlook desktop mail app running on windows 10 as of 12/14/2021. We have a AOL email ending with @Verizon.net. We run a POP sever across 6 computers while accessing one email address. So previous to this, we have always had security issues that it would lock us out when multiple computers would try to refresh in the same moment. No big deal, it only happened a few times a year. I would change the password, update everyone's outlook and we would be good to go..

As of yesterday, it would not let me back in and upon spending hours trying to update/ change settings etc. Nothing was working until I found a few months back someone posted this link which was the resolution to our problem!!!! 

https://www.slipstick.com/outlook/yahoo-aol-accounts-outlook/

It has to do with letting your email, while logged into your browser, access Outlook as an app instead of a normal log in. It will give you a code to use as a password instead of your actual log in password! Follow the link for a step-by-step. I just wanted to post a share because we have had this issue for years and this is the first time it seems like a long-term fix!! And I hope this will help others!

1 Reply
Additionally I did try the method of trying an older version of outlook ( 1-3 updates ago) and that did NOT work in this case.