Announcement: Follow the Summer Games in Rio with the new Outlook Interesting calendar feature

Former Employee

Outlook wants to make it easy to focus on what matters most to you. Toward this goal, we’ve recently made big improvements to help you stay on top of your travel reservations and package deliveries by showing summary cards in your inbox and automatically adding events to your calendar.

Today, we are introducing Outlook Interesting calendar—special calendar additions that help you track your favorite events. You will be able to add the 2016 Summer Games in Rio—as well as other popular sports—to your calendar.

Read more on Office Blogs

Outlook-Interesting-calendar-GIF

6 Replies

Is this for Outlook in Office 365 or the consumer Outlook?

We're on First Release and don't have 'Interesting Calendars' in our tenancy, it's also not on my personal Outlook.com account (but I seem to have been forgotten in the move to the new experience).

Cheers,

Chris

It popped up here within the last few days on my 365 calendar. I'm not sure when it came up in outlook.com, but it's there today.

The Interesting calendar feature is currently available to users in North America on the new Outlook.com platform as well as for commercial users on Outlook on the web. In the coming weeks, Interesting calendar will be available to set up from Outlook for iOS and Android for users who have an Office 365 account.

Thanks Lana, any word on when it will go global? We're in Australia.

No release date yet, but I know the Outlook team is working on it!

This is now released, but please check out my post
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Office-365/interesting-calendars-Football-Calendar-is-release...

We (admins) need a way to turn this off. I hope someone from Microsoft can comment (about the admin actions)