Should OCM work on Windows 7

Highlighted
Contributor
Hi,

Have latest version of Outlook & when I click on OCM it just freezes with spinning circles. Doesn't show complete list of Companies, does show screen to add a Company but when I save it just freezes. Doesn't load total number of companies . I have numerous machines at various Company numbers both on site at customers as well as my site (with their logon). Importing Company records works fine.

Almost all of our customers machines are Windows 7 so we need to work this out.

I've just created a profile on a windows 10 machine at my site with their login & it works fine.

Thanks in advance

Todd
2 Replies
Highlighted

Hi Todd,

Please clear the cache of your IE browser with the steps below and check if the issue can be fixed.
                1. Please go to IE settings > General > Settings under Browsing history > Caches and databases.
                2. Delete cache files for the website "outlookapps.com".
                3. Then, restart Outlook 2016.

Meanwhile, upload your Outlook client to the latest version.

If the issue persists, share a screenshot showing error message with me.

Regards,

Shuman

Highlighted

Hi Shuman - I have a similar situation.  My boss is running Outlook 2016 on a Windows 7 Home 1 machine.  He is constantly having spinning circle issues, or gets an error that indicates the cache is too slow.  Is OCM designed to work on a Windows 7 Home 1 Machine? Do I need to suggest he upgrade to Windows 10 Professional?  I can tell you, I cleaned/cleared the cache under the IE settings...but no real change after that.  Any additional things I should try?

Thanks,

Jeff