Reverse contact (CSV-file) import into Outlook Customer Manager

Highlighted
Deleted
Not applicable

Hello,

after having imported my contacts into OCM via a CSV-file the add-in does not work properly anymore and constantly shows error messages ("Add-in error. The add-in doesn't react. etc.").

Is there a way I can reverse the file-import?

5 Replies
Highlighted

Hi Laura,

Could you try clearing the IE cache of your IE browser with the steps below and check if the issue can be fixed.

1. Please go to IE settings > General > Settings under Browsing history > Caches and databases.
  2. Delete cache files for the website "outlookapps.com".
  3. Then, restart Outlook 2016.

If the issue persists, please help capture screenshot of the entire error here for checking. Thanks.

Regards,

Johnny Zhang

Highlighted

Hi Johnny,

thank you very much for your quick reply.

I have deleted the entirety of my IE browser history, including caches, and restarted Outlook and OCM. I still get the following error message:Unbenannt.PNG

Translated it means something like: "ADD-IN-ERROR This add-in does not react. Close this warning for the application to be continued or click "restart" to try again".

Best regards,

Laura

Highlighted

Hi Laura,

Just check if you are able to continue using OCM after click X to close this warning. 

Regards,

Johnny Zhang

Highlighted

Hi Johnny,

after clicking "x" the screen refreshes and another error message occurs:

Unbenannt2.PNG

This time, it says something like "ADD-IN-ERROR Unfortunately we had to restart the application because the add-in didn't react."

When I click "x" on this error message, the previous error message occurs again.

In general, the error message occurs when either "contacts" or "companies" are being loaded.

Sometimes, there even is a third error message:

Unbenannt3.PNG

"ADD-IN-ERROR There seem to be problems with this add-in. Click "restart" if you want to try to start it again."

So to sum things up, I get directed from one error message to the next and can't use OCM. To get back to the initial question: how can I reverse the data import? Or alternatively: how can I reinstall the whole add-in to start from scratch?

Best regards,

Laura

Highlighted

Hi Laura,

Once data is imported, we just need to delete them manually if you do not want it. However, regarding this error, we are working on the fix for the add-in errors and treat this as our top priority. There are multiple root causes of the issue and depending on your data, you may be running into different issues (but all resulting in a similar add-in error in the UI). We rolled out the fix to one of the main issue late last week and will release the fixes for the remaining issues in the next few weeks. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Johnny Zhang