Outlook Customer Manager uses separate contacts list

Highlighted
New Contributor

I've been adding contacts using OCM's "add contact" feature and saving those contacts, however those contacts don't appear on my outlook contacts.  For outlook, I only have one contact list under my email.  Searching under my own contact list does not show those contacts I've added through OCM. 

Does OCM use another contacts list, maybe internal, when adding contacts?  If so, is there a way to link OCM's contact list with my own contact list (under my email account)?

8 Replies
Highlighted

Hi Larry Hughes,

It's not a normal behavior, OCM is actually integrated with Outlook contacts list. When add contacts to OCM, it should be listed under associated BP account contacts list. Please double check if it is the associated BP contacts list you are checking. 

And the Outlook contacts will be listed under "All contacts" in your OCM, it is different from "Business Contacts" (Business Contacts is the contacts added inside OCM).

Regards,

Leo 

Highlighted

Hi Leo,

So if I just want it to be listed under "all contacts"-- my default list-- I need to "uncheck" the business contacts option when adding?

Highlighted

Leo et al,

Somehow all of my OL contacts (3000+) have become "Business Contacts" in OCM. Not sure how, and not sure how to UNDO. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Highlighted

I have the same problem.  How do you fix and separate outlook contacts from customer contacts??

Highlighted

MS, you make some great products. This is most definitely not one of them.

I’ve been trying to use OCM for a couple of months now, and my conclusion is this: RUN SCREAMING AWAY!

This may be once of the worst MS products ever produced. The people who created this abomination should be ashamed of themselves. Seriously, no product manager or developer would ever want their name associated with this atrocity. 

Highlighted

Hey John, I'm nearly at the RUN SCREAMING AWAY stage but on phone with MS support. Most importantly... have you found a good alternative CRM?? Cheers!

Highlighted

Nimble is an excellent Outlook companion CRM.

@Ben Spear wrote:

Hey John, I'm nearly at the RUN SCREAMING AWAY stage but on phone with MS support. Most importantly... have you found a good alternative CRM?? Cheers!

Highlighted

Totally agree... As a former user of Business contact manager on office 2010, this product is not very well designed and not particularly user friendly. I don't microsoft developers need ideas from us. They need to learn how Business contact manager worked and replicate the most important features. @Deleted