Outlook Customer Manager Importing contacts

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Hi, 

Is there any way I can import  contacts as Private into OCM ? 

When I first uploaded a batch of contacts, I was given a choice (tick box) to share the contacts or not.

Now when I try and import , the tick box has disappeared and it now states that the contacts will be shared by default.

I tried importing contacts via Import/Export in outlook , and it does import as a Private contact , and shows in OCM , but if you add a company against the contact, the company entity is not created , and the company value doesn't display against the contact as shown below. 

image.png

Any suggestions ? 

Thank you. 

2 Replies
Highlighted

Hello Adrian,

Thanks for posting here.

Based on your description, I need some time to test it on my lab. After testing, I will share the result with you. If possible, please provide us the detailed steps to reproduce it.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Rudy

Highlighted

Hello Adrian,

I have tested it in my lab. I think it is an normal behavior that when you import contacts to OCM the shared contacted enabled as there is no settings to block it. However, we can disable the Shared contacts after you finish importing in contact detailed page. And if you have an suggestion, we suggest you feedback it to our related team via the below link:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/407082-outlook-customer-manager

And I fail to import the contacts via Import/Export in outlook. Can you share the steps with us to check it again? Please also tell us the detailed Outlook version for further analysis. Your time is appreciate.

Regards,

Rudy