Home

OCM mobile or other solution

Highlighted
Contributor

We are a three user site with a O365 Bus Premium subscription.

2 of us are mobile and one is office bound. Resultantly, we require our customer data and information to be available to us whilst "on the road." I got very excited when OCM was released as it appeared perfect  for our basic CRM requirements. Only to discover that there is no Android app.

I really do not want to migrate/manage all this data outside of the microsoft platform so need to know when an Android interface/app will be available OR what else we can use.

Any pointers?

9 Replies
Highlighted

Hello Paul,

As far as I know, for mobile client, we only can access the OCM app on iOS. About your requirement, we suggest you submit a feedback to let our related team know it via the link below:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/407082

You can vote the exist idea or post a new one there.

Thanks for your time and understanding.

Regards,

Rudy

Highlighted

Thanks Rudy, I have voted and made the suggestion and along with all others get no feedback from MS about this feature.

What else can I use, short of getting a third party piece of software, which I am really not keen on doing.

Highlighted

Hello Paul,

Based on my experience, it's not feasible to access the OCM in Android mobile device. And there is no official article to clarify any third-party way can access it. In this situation, we recommend you keep monitoring the feedback on your side.

Your patience is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Rudy

Highlighted

Thank you Rudy.

We are all well aware of this situation, as frustrating as it is

What would you suggest we use? Surely there must be apps in the our subscription which we could use for this?

Highlighted

Hello Paul,

You can download the OCM for iOS to access it or use the Outlook for desktop client, also the Outlook Web App (OWA) with your Office 365 Business Premium account.

Regards,

Rudy

Highlighted
Thank you Rudy,

The iOS is the problem, my team and I are all on Android!!

Does OWA work on Andriod?

Can we share between all three of us by using OWA?
Highlighted

Hello Paul,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Actually, I had tested the ways (Outlook for Android client and OWA on Android) which can access to your email with Android phone before I replied you. However, it's not feasible to use the OCM.   

In this situation, please keep monitoring your feedback on your side. 

Regards,

Rudy

Highlighted

Hi Rudy

I did notice yesterday that there is a new feature in the Outlook App on my Android device for OCM when opening an email, pretty much like in Outlook on my pc, which is very exciting.

Now just to figure out how to get it to track all my emails and to share the contacts and everything with my team. 

I will however start a new thread for this if I am unable to find the information/how to guide in the microsoft websites.

In fact, do you have a link to how this must be set up?

Highlighted

Hello Paul,

In my opinion, you can create an group for your team, and post the conversation with the group members. Also, you can share the file with them in this group. For detailed information, please see: Learn about Office 365 Groups.

Meanwhile, for better assistance, may I know the detailed information about the "new feature"? If possible, some screenshots will helpful. Since this question is related to the usage of Outlook for Android client, we suggest you post a new thread here for further assistance.

Regards,

Rudy