Home

OCM in Outlook 2016 - hanging, cannot create or search for for contacts or companies

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
OCM in Outlook 2016 - hanging, cannot create or se...

Good Morning,

I have recently moved to Outlook 2016 to make use of OCM.  Unfortunately I now find the following

• OCM will not load activites from an email.
  • It will not allow the creation of new contacts or companies.
  • It  insists on using the Bing search for company names i.e. will not allow a company name be saved by the user
  • It cannot search for contacts or companies.  When using search contact or search company it hangs and progresses no further. 
  • When I attempt to save a new contact, while it accepts the basic information and appears to save it, it is not available to view as a contact in the contacts list.
  • Focused activity is just hanging - no response

I am wondering if there is an issue with the settings on my account?  Can anyone advise?

2 Replies
Highlighted

Hi Liz,

For the first question, you can select a message and click "Customer Manager". Then click "load more" in the bottom of the page if there are too many activities.

1.PNG

For the second and the fifth question, click "Add-in" in the navigation bar and create contact there. 

1.PNG

For other questions, please clear the cache of your IE browser with the steps below and check if the issue can be fixed.

1. Please go to IE settings > General > Settings under Browsing history > Caches and databases.
  2. Delete cache files for the website "outlookapps.com".
  3. Then, restart Outlook 2016.

If any further assistance, more detailed screenshots will be appreciated.

Regards,

Shuman

Highlighted

Hi Liz,

If you need further assistance, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Shuman