OCM encountered an error.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello, in outlook I now get this error message when I try to open OCM: "We encountered an error. Something unexpected happened ... ". I successfully installed office 365 business premium last night and it was working fine. This morning it has stopped working. I confirmed under portal.office.com that have OCM subscription.

I'm able access the "Outlook Customer Manager" under the "Groups" in the folder pane. 

15 Replies
Highlighted
Hi John,

1. Please go to IE settings > General > Settings under Browsing history > Caches and databases.
2. Delete cache files for the website "outlookapps.com".
3. Restart Outlook 2016.
Highlighted

Victor,

I'm sorry I don't know what "IE settings > General ...."  is or how to access it? Does IE mean internet explorer? I'm currently using google chrome and outlook 2016 desktop app.

Thank you,

John

Highlighted
Yes, IE means Internet Explorer.
Highlighted

Thank you that worked, after I figured out how to locate "outlookapp.com" in IE (its under Tools > Internet options > Settings (under Browsing history under General tab) > Caches and databases).

Highlighted
Hi John,

I've sent you a private message to collect more information to investigate the issue. You can click the envelope icon in the right corner to access it.

Thanks,
Amanda
Highlighted
Hi John,

Does the issue still exist? If yes, could you please share the information above?

Thanks,
Amanda
Highlighted

Amanda,

Yes the issue still exists. I have to clear the cache everytime I use outlook to enable the OCM to work. I've sent you a private message per your request.

John

Highlighted

Amanda,

Any response to my question above? Its rather painful have to go into IE everytime I want to use OCM in outlook.

Thank you,

John

Highlighted
Hi John,

Sorry for the delay.
If IE no response as you press the keyboard sequence when the issue happens, I suggest you do it at any time when the issue not happen. Then collect the log and send to us via PM.
Please click the envelope icon in the right corner to access it.
Feel free to let me know if have any questions when do it.

Thanks,
Amanda
Highlighted
Hi John,

I have received your PM and send you the detailed steps to collect the log again. Please check.

Thanks,
Amanda
Highlighted
Hi John,

Could you please reply to us with the log in the PM?

Thanks,
Amanda
Highlighted

Hi John,

Could you please share the following information for further troubleshooting?
1. Did you clear IE cache multiple times in the past?
2. Can you access OCM without clearing the cache?
3. Do you access OCM from one location , or if you access OCM when travelling to other places outside your office?

Thanks,
Amanda

Highlighted
Hi John,

Could you please share with the information above?

Thanks,
Amanda
Highlighted

Amanda,

Yes, I have to clear the cache every time I use OCM (otherwise I get error message).

No, I can’t access OCM without clearing cache – see above.

I have not used Outlook/OCM outside the office.

Thank you

Highlighted
Hi John,

Thanks for your feedback.

I will do further consult based on your information, and will post back to let you know any updates.

Thanks,
Amanda