OCM contact tagging not working

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi everybody,

I am experiencing an issue with a number of my existing contacts in OCM - Business Contact and Share Contact sliders apparently are not functional, and contact (de)tagging cannot not changed.

This is apparently not effecting newly created contacts.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Matteo

9 Replies
Highlighted
Hi Matteo,

To look into the issue, could you please provide with a screenshot of the symptom?

Thanks,
Amanda
Highlighted
Hi Amanda, thanks for getting back. I guess a screenshot would not be self-explanatory enough, so I'll try to elaborate further. I have a small number of contacts that I would like to exclude from OCM treatment, still keeping them as plain Outlook contacts. They are currently tagged as Business Contacts and therefore visible in OCM contact window. Some of them are also shared within OCM with the relevant Office365 group, something which I again I want to change. So I would get to the contact details right pane in OCM contact window, move either Business Contact or Business Contact and Share Contact sliders to the left to No, then click Save. After right pane closure, I would then expect the relevant contact to reflect these changes but it is not. And if I open the details pane again, sliders are still in their original position as if I had not done anything. As a result, I cannot modify sharing status and/or exclude from OCM management these contacts. Hope this clarifies.
Highlighted
Hi Matteo,

Thanks for your information. About this issue, I need to do some consult.

Once there are any updates, I will post back to let you know.

Thanks,
Amanda
Highlighted

Thanks Amanda,

looking forward to hearing from you again!

Regards,

Matteo

Highlighted
Hi Matteo,

To further troubleshoot this issue, I need to collect some information. I have sent you a PM to collect it, please check.

Thanks,
Amanda
Highlighted
Hi Matteo,

Our related team has been aware of this issue and working on a fix on it, but there is no ETA.

Meanwhile, we recommend you use the workaround below:

Deleting contacts in OCM and recreate them.

Deleting contacts will remove the contact from everyone, but depending on how the contact was created, the contact may also be deleted as personal contact for the user:

- If the contact was first created from “All contacts” (i.e. the contact exists on Outlook Contact tab), then you can delete the contact from OCM (which will remove the contact from the shared folder). The user who shared the contact can still see the contact information on Outlook Contact.
- If the contact was created directly as new contact in OCM, then deleting the contact from OCM will completely delete the contact information, the user should recreate the contact on Outlook contact to keep the contact information before deleting it from OCM.

Thanks,
Amanda

Highlighted
Thanks Amanda,

But this is still not working for some of the contacts. As soon as I recreate them, they reappear also in OCM with their previous tagging status (business contact, shared)...

Regards,

Matteo
Highlighted
Hi Matteo,

Could you please share with the email addresses of the problematic accounts via the PM I sent you?

Thanks,
Amanda

Highlighted
Hi Matteo,

Thank for your PM.

Our related team is investigating this issue now. If there are any updates, I will post back here.

Thanks,
Amanda