SOLVED

OCM Contact Sharing - But not a particular Email

Highlighted
Deleted
Not applicable

If i share a business contact lets call him john.smith@domain.com and i have 5 emails in my inbox to and from him. Can i block one of these emails from automatically being shared with everyone else in my OCM group?

5 Replies
Highlighted

Emails are not automatically shared at all. When you select a contact in the OCM dashboard, the emails that are listed are simply a quick search on emails in your mailbox that have been sent by that contact.  If another user selects the same contact, they will only see emails from that contact in their own mailbox, not the emails from that contact in your mailbox.

Highlighted

So if both of you share the same business contact you dont see each others emails?

What happens if a member in your dept is on holiday and you need to see correspondance to john.smith@domain.com that they sent?

Highlighted
Best Response
Solution

Correct.  Email sharing is an Outlook feature, not specific to OCM.  Your scenario is best accomplished by using mailbox delegation, shared mailboxes or Outlook Groups.

Highlighted

@Eric LegaultHis there a way to share sent emails via OCM ?  The goal would be to replace Act! in our cie.

Highlighted

@charles_365my answer is the same as above: your scenario is best accomplished by using mailbox delegation, shared mailboxes or Outlook Groups.