My Contacts list doesn't scroll. The vertical scrollbar is missing.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I'm using OCM 19.100.521.1. For some reason, when I select All Contacts at the top of the window, all of my contacts are listed in alphabetical order as I expect. However, I can't scroll down the list of contacts because the vertical scrollbar is gone. If I select a contact record, the horizontal scrollbar appears at the bottom of the window because the fields of the record are too long to display without horizontal scrolling. Nor do the Pg Up and Pg Dn keys work. The scroll wheel in the wireless mouse doesn't work either. Touch/Mouse Mode is enabled but I can't scroll by dragging with a finger. This used to work; what has changed? Thanks for your assistance.

23 Replies
Highlighted

Hi Andy,

Would you please capture a screenshot about the whole page (without scrollbar) while you selected all the contacts in OCM?

The reason why I need this screenshot is that I can scroll it in my OCM. And, please try creating a new Outlook profile to see if it helps. If not, please clarify what the Outlook client version you are using. Make sure you are using the latest Outlook client.

Regards,

Alan

Highlighted

Hello @Alan Wu,

Was scrolling issue solved? I have got the same problem. It does refer to all lists like companies, deals, contacts etc. Both: vertical and horizontal scroll bars disappeared. 

Highlighted

@Alan Wu 

OCM 19.100.521.1.  same issue no scroll bars vertical or horizontal 

Any update ? 

Highlighted
Highlighted

@Alan Wu Hello again and I apologize for my delayed response as I was working on something else. Firstly, I'm using Outlook 1906 (Build 11727.20244 Click-To-Run). No updates are pending. Secondly, a vertical scrollbar is present when I search for a Contact by name, click the Name link, after which Contact Details are displayed. If I close the Details window by clicking Close (X), a horizontal scrollbar appears at the bottom so that I can scroll through all of the fields of the record. Note that I've added 4 columns for my own use.

Other than that, I still can't scroll vertically to view All Contacts.

Highlighted

@Alan Wu 

Is this solved?  A month later I can't see a resolution anywhere.  What is happening with support on OCM?

Highlighted

I checked here:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/407082-outlook-customer-manager

and it seems many are complaining about OCM but Microsoft is not taking things seriously. I guess since google has no crm real in apps suite either MS does not see the need to keep / build the advantage.

Highlighted

@Alan Wu 

Six weeks later I can't see a resolution anywhere.  What is happening with support on OCM?

Highlighted

@arcadiaDH 

I noticed it is caused by W10 Feature Update 1903. After installing scroll bars in OCM disappears. 

Unfortunately uninstalling W10 Feature Update 1903 is not a cure.

I would wish Microsoft addresses this issue promptly.

Highlighted
Highlighted
...8 weeks later and no solution. Is there a fix coming any time soon? OCM is built for large contact lists and being unable to scroll the list is tedious and difficult. Please get this sorted out - respectfully suggest it should be a higher priority to reinstate lost functionality than to develop future features. (if that's what is going on)
Highlighted

@arcadiaDHI talked to Microsoft Tech support. They are still working on the fix.  

Highlighted

I am having the same issues. Support seems to have no idea how to fix it. I have been on the phone for 5 hours in the last 3 days trying to get this issue solved with support.

Highlighted

@Andy_In_SoCal I am also facing the same issue, I've attempted posting about it in the bug lists, but it is yet to be approved by the moderator. Has anyone had any improvements on this front? I have no faith that the bug will ever get fixed and that we'll be able to use Outlook Customer Manager properly ever again :( why would the vertical scroll be missing anyway - is there any updates from anyone, has it gotten fixed for any of you who are in this thread?

Highlighted
@Alan Wu
We're approaching 3 months now. I think we'd all appreciate a straight answer on the likelihood this will ever be fixed. We all have jobs to do and use your tools - which currently don't work, and this makes our jobs more difficult. Are Microsoft abandoning Customer Manager? I can't imagine anyone in your organisation uses it, or they'd have similar issues to the rest of us.
Highlighted

I think it is time to go on. Microsoft support actually have no solution  to this. 

I spent some time on phone with them and nothing was solved and became silent. 

I am already testing another CRM. When CRM is the only product the developer will work hard to solve all bugs. For Microsoft it seems it is very low priority. 

Now think what would happen if youpurchased Surface and it would be something wrong with it....

Highlighted

Golfbum  Problem was resolved by a tech level 2 representative setting me back to an outlook build over seven updates ago around March of 2019. The same issue was present on his system at work using the latest update.

Highlighted

@Golfbum Hi guys, mine has started working again just today! People please test to see if it's updated on your systems as well.

Highlighted
Hi @Golfbum - mine works now as well, problem solved! Thanks for the heads-up!

@Alan Wu
If the fix was intentional - thank you.