Mac Outlook Customer Manager - Not Loading For New Contacts

Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm running macOS High Sierra (10.13.1) and Outlook 2016 (Version 16.8 build 171205). Since installing the latest Outlook update last week I am unable to add new businesses. If I click on an existing contact who is in OCM no problem accessing the details. If I click on a new contact then click on OCM I just get the rotating circle. One of my customers also has the same problem on a Mac. Does anyone know what's going on?   

7 Replies
Highlighted

Hi Jamie Shaw,

You may try Shuman's reply in this following thread to check if the issue can be solved. https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Outlook-Customer-Manager/Re-Customer-Manager-outlook-on-the-w...

If the issue persists, you may provide some screenshots of the issue and the detailed steps about how you performed it so I can provide more targeted help.

Regards,
Leo

Highlighted

Hi Leo, thanks for your feedback however Shuman's reply is not relevant as I am using Outlook installed locally, not online via a browser. My Mac OS and Outlook version numbers are in my post as is a clear description of the issue. A screenshot of a rotating circle will not identify a solution in this instance.

regards, Jamie

Highlighted

Hi Jamie,

I understand your concern. Outlook Customer Manager is actually a browser based add-in in Outlook client. So the issue may be related to your browser, you may try the method to check if the issue can be solved. 

Regards,

Leo

Highlighted

Hi Leo,

I understand what you are saying and have cleared the Safari cache, quit Safari and Outlook as per the link recommendations and the problem is still the same when reloaded.

This issue only affects the Mac platform. I can use OCM as expected in my Windows environment.

My client is based in Spain. They are now experiencing the exact same problem following the afor-mentioned update.

regards, Jamie

Highlighted

Hi Jamie,

I need do some test and consult about your issue and will post back as soon as possible.

Right now we suggest you using OWA (Outlook on the web) and Outlook for Windows as a workaround.

Regards,

Leo

Highlighted

I have a similar problem after an Outlook update last week on two of my PCs.

But in my case, I am not able to search my contacts. I get the spinning wheel then nothing when searching for known contacts. Sometimes the circle just seem to keep spinning indefinitely.

Tried support from Office and from OCM, but neither could help...yet.

OCM support said they would research the issue further and get back to me a couple of hours ago.

Hoping they have fix tomorrow, or better yet, that someone with same/similar problem has a solution for us here:)

Highlighted

Hi Jamie Shaw,

Please double check if the issue persists now. Feel free to share any updates with me.

Regards,

Leo