Link an email to another contact

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

When I receive an email, I would like to be able to link it to any contact in OCM. I tried the "Show all related" link in the upper right hand corner; but, it does not let me add any other contact. I tried opening the email, selecting "File" and then "Properties" and have added the contact there - it still does not show up in OCM with the newly added contact. How in the world can you link an email with another OCM contact when that particular contact was not in the TO:, CC:, BCC: or FROM: envelope properties? When I receive an email that pertains to a "Deal" or another "Contact", I would like to link it for my records. 

5 Replies
Highlighted

Hi Cathy,

Greetings. Very glad to reply to your case here. 

Via your description, would you please clarify what contact linked the email you want to add it into OCM while the contact is not in To, CC, Bcc or From? It would be better if you can provide an example for it and some related screenshots would be better. 

So far, I can understand that you want to add a contact into the OCM. About adding a contact in OCM, you can directly add it in OCM or you can firstly add it under People (contacts) and then it will be synced to OCM (according to my pervious test). 

However, I know it is not your complete requirement. At least, the contact going to be added in OCM is related to the email you received. So, please clarify it with more details as mentioned above so that I can help you further. 

Regards,
Alan

Highlighted

Let's use the email you sent me. Let's say this email was a response from a wholesaler I use regarding a client. I would like to link it to the Client's contact; not the wholesaler's. I open the email, click on the "Show all related" as seen in the first screenshot. Then the second screenshot is seen. There is NOT a plus sign to add a contact. So I try to add it through Properties. I select FILE - PROPERTIES from the email and then browse to link/add the contact, see third screenshot. Go back to the email, Tristan is not listed as related. Go to the Contact for Tristan, the email does not show in his timeline.

Opened email:

OCMscreen1.jpg

OCMscreen2.jpg

OCMscreen3.jpg

Highlighted

Hi Cathy,

Thanks for your explanation. 

Now I understand that you want to link a user who replied to you to another contact existing in your OCM contact list. If so, it is not feasible to do it with the steps you described. However, my thought is you can directly add the user to the target OCM contact. 

Regards,

Alan

Highlighted

Maybe, however, a wholesaler may work with me on several different client accounts. I don't want to add the wholesaler to several different clients' contacts. I do not believe there is a way to accomplish this with OCM. For that reason, I have ceased trying to use this CRM and am evaluating a different one. :(

Highlighted

Hi Cathy,

Thanks for your sharing. 

Regards,
Alan