IOS App unable to setup account: errordynamicunifiedgroupmembershipupdatefailed

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

When trying to login to the IOS application I get an error while the application is setting up for the first time. Screenshot attached. Please advice how to solve this.

*it does work in Outlook on Windows

*iOS outlook gives message: We can't add you to the outlook customer manager group t the moment. Please close this pane and try again

*2FA is enabled on the account

8 Replies
Highlighted

Hi Tibor,

I have forwarded this issue to our related team and will keep you updated in this thread.

Thanks for your patience.

Shuman

Highlighted

An update from my end:

- It does work when you enable the plugin in Outlook (W10 1703) from within a message

- It does not work when you go to the actual plugin, message appears like the Outlook mobile iOS app: Cannot add you to group. Screenshot attached

Highlighted
Do you know if the OCM group was deleted? Do you get any results if you run Get-UnifiedGroup allsales* ? What if you run Get-UnifiedGroup allsales* -IncludeSoftDeletedGroups

In case the group is soft deleted, then it can be recovered following the steps from this article:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Restore-a-deleted-Office-365-Group-b7c66b59-657a-4e1a-8aa0-...
Highlighted

To which service do I need to connect? Both the Azure AD Powershell Module and connecting to Office 365 Exchange give me errors:

The operation couldn't be performed because object 'allsales*' couldn't be found on 'DB4PR08A001DC03.EURPR08A001.prod.o
utlook.com'.
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-UnifiedGroup], ManagementObjectNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : [Server=AM4PR08MB2625,RequestId=9294489f-d5b9-45bf-a784-acedba56f60c,TimeStamp=27-7-2017
07:21:47] [FailureCategory=Cmdlet-ManagementObjectNotFoundException] 1D623E27,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Recip
ientTasks.GetUnifiedGroup
+ PSComputerName : outlook.office365.com

Highlighted
You have to be connected to Exchange Online, but it seems like you were connected correctly.
If you don't get a result even when using the "-IncludeSoftDeletedGroups" switch, then the OCM group was permanently deleted.

From what I know, it should get re-created automatically, but I'm not entirely sure about this.
Highlighted

Hi Victor,

Any idea how long this might take? The OCM has not been working ever since I started testing and we never deleted anything.

Best

Tibor

Highlighted

Hi All,

Thanks for letting us know this. Based on the our engineers' investigating, we have been aware of this issue and are working on it.
Before it is fixed, as a temporary workaround, you can try the following steps:

1. Open https://outlook.office365.com/owa ;
2. On the left pane, click "Discover" (under group) ;

001.PNG

3. Search for "Outlook Customer Manager" group;

002.PNG

4. Join the group.

Your understanding and patience would be appreciated.

Shuman

Highlighted

Hi,

Perhaps the issue is because we auto prepend something to our groups. When manually changing the id (primary email address) to remove the string we prepend it worked.

Thanks for your support.

Tibor