Exporting contacts

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have 64 contacts in OCM and when I try to export to a CSV I get a spreadsheet with "Sorry, an error has occurred during export.  Please try again later." in row 1, column 1.  Reading through the posts I noticed that I need to use IE which I am doing.  Any help?

6 Replies
Highlighted

Hi Kent,

Could you tell us whether you use the export feature in the Outlook client or Outlook Customer Manager to export these contacts? For further processing, please tell us the detailed steps you used and a screenshot of the error message.

You can select Export > All rows in this table to export the OCM data.

screenshot_1.png 

Regards,

Barry

Highlighted

I am using the Export "All Contacts" in the OCM software:Capture.PNG

It creates and downloads an Excel file "Contact Export.xlsx" but when opening the file, I get:Capture1.PNG

Highlighted

Hi Kent,

Since the contacts will also exists in the Outlook client’s contacts, please try exporting the contacts in Outlook client to see if the problem persists. Also, we suggest that you update the Outlook client and try exporting the contacts from Outlook Customer Manager again to check if it helps.

Meanwhile, we recommend that you mask the private information in your screenshots to protect your privacy.

Regards,

Barry

Highlighted

First I tried exporting the OCM contacts from Outlook using:

File | Open & Export | Import/Export | Export to a file | CSV | WebExtAddins//Outlook Customer Manager | filename & path

Also tried with all folders called OCM

In each case, I just got spreadsheet with email column headers and the rest is empty.

Last, I updated my Outlook install (Build 8625.2127 to 8625.2139) and tried exporting from OCM with the same result as yesterday.

Highlighted

Hi Kent,

According to your description, the problem could be related to the Outlook client. Please try exporting other contacts in the Outlook client to check if the problem persists.

Thanks,

Barry

Highlighted

Exporting my Outlook contacts from the Outlook client works just fine.