Changes can't be saved right now. Give us a moment.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am unable to save any changes to contacts in OCM. When I try to change and update a field, I get the error message: "Changes can't be saved right now. Give us a moment." As suggested in other threads, I have closed Outlook, tried to flush the Outlook-related cache in IE, then restarted Outlook, but it does not resolve my issue. Any suggestions? Thanks, W

7 Replies
Highlighted

Hello Wayne,

Please try using Outlook Customer Manager through Outlook on the Web. Will that contact be updated successfully? 

Steps;

1. Go to any email in Outlook on the web.

2. Find the Outlook Customer Manager icon in the right hand corner.

3. Selecting the icon will open the app right next to your email.

Note:

This is in preview right now, and only supports email side by side.

If it works fine in OWA, please try changing another web environment when access Outlook Customer Manager via Outlook client. It's better to share some screenshots about this issue if the error occurs again.

Best Regards,

Alison

Highlighted
Hi, Alison,

Thank you for replying. I should have mentioned that I had already tried that. Tried it again after your post. Same error. In another thread, I read that some customers are being asked to submit their Outlook logs. How do I capture that? W
Highlighted

Hello Wayne,

Thank you for the reply.
Before collecting the log, do you have a chance to use another profile or Outlook client to connect to your account and then update the contact? Will it work?
Choose Start > Control Panel > User Account >Mail.
Show Profiles > Add
In the Profile Name box, type a name for the profile, and then choose OK, tick Prompt for a profile to be used.

If it do not help, here is the method to collect logs. 
a. Open OCM app
b. Click anywhere on OCM
c. Press the keyboard sequence SHIFT+O then SHIFT+C then SHIFT+M
d. An IE window should open with the log information
e. Reply to me with the log and your email account.

Best Regards,
Alison

Highlighted

Hello Wayne,

Please take your time and share any updates at your convenience.

Looking forward

Alison

Highlighted

I have the same issue with the Outlook client but not with Outlook on the web.

Ed Lukaszka 

Highlighted

I have the same issue, for each attempt at using OCM in the Outlook client (with all updates through my Office 365 account) I get the message Changes cant be saved right now.Give us a moment.

Unfortunately that moment never ends.

It has been several months since the original post, has MS ever answered with a resolution beyond try something other than what is designed and advertised?   If their OCM does not work within the outlook client, they need to remove the OCM widget and launch the product once it has been better tested (or they can respond with resolutions.)

Highlighted

I'm having the same problem with the Outlook Web Application.  When I make changes I'm told they can't be saved and to wait a moment, but it's an infinite moment apparently.