Can neither import nor add companies

%3CLINGO-SUB%20id%3D%22lingo-sub-280548%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3ECan%20neither%20import%20nor%20add%20companies%3C%2FLINGO-SUB%3E%3CLINGO-BODY%20id%3D%22lingo-body-280548%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CP%3EUsing%20the%20Outlook%20Customer%20Manager%2C%20detailed%20pane%20in%20Outlook%202016%2FProPlus.%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3EI%20have%20attempted%20unsuccessfully%20to%20import%20a%20list%20of%20companies%20from%20a%20CSV.%20The%20import%20process%20indicates%20no%20errors%2C%20and%20completes%20by%20saying%20that%20%22x%2Fy%20companies%20were%20imported%22%20implying%20complete%20success%20and%20the%20numbers%20are%20correct..%20The%20net%20result%2C%20however%2C%20is%20that%20they%20are%20absolutely%20nowhere%20to%20be%20found%20-%20they%20don't%20appear%20in%20the%20list%20of%20companies.%20I've%20refreshed%2Frestarted%2Fdisabled%2Freenabled%20the%20add-in%20to%20no%20avail.%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3EI%20tried%20another%20experiment%20by%20manually%20entering%20the%20data%20for%20a%20new%20company%2C%20and%20something%20similar%20occurred%3A%20The%20company%20information%20was%20accepted%2C%20however%2C%20it%20doesn't%20appear%20in%20the%20list%20of%20companies%2C%20however%2C%20it%20does%20show%20up%20as%20a%20card%20in%20the%20%22Focused%22%20pane.%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%3CP%3EAm%20I%20missing%20something%20fundamental%20here%3F%20I've%20tried%20this%20against%20two%20different%20Office%20365%20tenants%20with%20the%20same%20results.%3C%2FP%3E%3C%2FLINGO-BODY%3E%3CLINGO-LABS%20id%3D%22lingo-labs-280548%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CLINGO-LABEL%3EOutlook%20Customer%20Manager%3C%2FLINGO-LABEL%3E%3C%2FLINGO-LABS%3E%3CLINGO-SUB%20id%3D%22lingo-sub-280913%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3ERe%3A%20Can%20neither%20import%20nor%20add%20companies%3C%2FLINGO-SUB%3E%3CLINGO-BODY%20id%3D%22lingo-body-280913%22%20slang%3D%22en-US%22%3E%3CP%3EHi%20Bob%20Manjoney%2C%3C%2FP%3E%0A%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%0A%3CP%3ERegarding%20your%20issue%2C%20please%20check%20if%20you%20have%20upgraded%20your%20Outlook%20to%20latest%20version%20(File%20%26gt%3B%20Office%20Account%20%26gt%3B%20Update%20Options%20%26gt%3B%20Update%20Now).%3C%2FP%3E%0A%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%0A%3CP%3EThen%20try%20to%20clear%20the%20cache%20of%20your%20IE%20browser%20as%20following%20steps%20and%20check%20if%20the%20issue%20can%20be%20fixed%3A%3C%2FP%3E%0A%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%0A%3CP%3E1.%20Go%20to%20IE%20Settings%20%26gt%3B%20General%20%26gt%3B%20Settings%20under%20Browsing%20history%20%26gt%3B%20Caches%20and%20databases.%3C%2FP%3E%0A%3CP%3E2.%20Delete%20cache%20files%20for%20the%20website%20%22outlookapps.com%22.%3C%2FP%3E%0A%3CP%3E3.%20Restart%20Outlook.%3C%2FP%3E%0A%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%0A%3CP%3EIf%20the%20issue%20persists%20after%20you%20tried%20above%2C%20please%20try%20to%20use%20Search%20function%20to%20check%20if%20you%20can%20search%20them%20out%20and%20also%20provide%20us%20a%20screenshot%20about%20that%20%22it%20shows%20up%20under%20Focused%20but%20not%20in%20the%20list%22.%3C%2FP%3E%0A%3CP%3E%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%0A%3CP%3EThanks%2C%3C%2FP%3E%0A%3CP%3EIry%26nbsp%3B%3C%2FP%3E%3C%2FLINGO-BODY%3E
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Using the Outlook Customer Manager, detailed pane in Outlook 2016/ProPlus.

 

I have attempted unsuccessfully to import a list of companies from a CSV. The import process indicates no errors, and completes by saying that "x/y companies were imported" implying complete success and the numbers are correct.. The net result, however, is that they are absolutely nowhere to be found - they don't appear in the list of companies. I've refreshed/restarted/disabled/reenabled the add-in to no avail.

 

I tried another experiment by manually entering the data for a new company, and something similar occurred: The company information was accepted, however, it doesn't appear in the list of companies, however, it does show up as a card in the "Focused" pane.

 

Am I missing something fundamental here? I've tried this against two different Office 365 tenants with the same results.

1 Reply
Highlighted

Hi Bob Manjoney,

 

Regarding your issue, please check if you have upgraded your Outlook to latest version (File > Office Account > Update Options > Update Now).

 

Then try to clear the cache of your IE browser as following steps and check if the issue can be fixed:

 

1. Go to IE Settings > General > Settings under Browsing history > Caches and databases.

2. Delete cache files for the website "outlookapps.com".

3. Restart Outlook.

 

If the issue persists after you tried above, please try to use Search function to check if you can search them out and also provide us a screenshot about that "it shows up under Focused but not in the list".

 

Thanks,

Iry