Any changes to OCM Contact/Company/Deals causes duplicates of same company to be created

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

We created a company manually in OCM today.  It gave an error that there was a problem creating the company, and it gave a Retry button.  Clicked Retry a few times and nothing happened.

 

Restarted Outlook, and there were 20 copies of the same company we tried to manually create.  Deleted all duplicated companies.  Now when we make any change to any item under Customers, Companies or Deals and click save, it starts creating many many duplicate copies of the original manual company we created and the save function never completes.

 

It's as if the original Create Company process is stuck in a loop and gets re-started anytime a change is saved to any other item in OCM.  We are unable to work, make changes or do anything in OCM as items no longer save, and saving just causes the original company to be copied over and over again.

 

Please help.

7 Replies
I checked some other threads and tried the following: 1. Please go to IE settings > General > Settings under Browsing history > Caches and databases. 2. Delete cache files for the website "outlookapps.com". 3. Then, restart Outlook 2016. Hope this helpful. Now it stopped making duplicates, but nothing will save. The screen gets stuck with the blue progress bar after clicking on save for anything.
Highlighted

Hello Arash,

 

Please try kill the related process in the Task manager to try again. Also, if reboot your computer? Meanwhile, can you provide us a screenshot about the "The screen gets stuck with the blue progress bar after clicking on save for anything" for further analysis.

 

Regards,

Rudy

Highlighted

This somehow started working after deleting the problem company, and recreating it.  I'm still unable to attach contacts to it, but I will deal with that later.

Highlighted

Having the same problem.  90 duplicates of the same company.  Deleted associated deals and contacts - no difference.

Highlighted
Having the same problem.  90 duplicates of the same company.  Deleted associated deals and contacts - no difference.
Highlighted

Following the clear caches steps in my OP, deleting the company, and recreating it from scratch fixed the issue for me.  It didn't come back. 

Highlighted
It disappeared for me too - for about 20 minutes - after deleting almost 100 duplicates manually. When opened newly installed Outlook on a different PC, all the duplicates reappeared again and some of the companies not duplicating on the original PC are not showing up on the second PC. New company and deal records take a few minutes to create. Spent HOURS trying to get this thing to work - PLEASE fix it or put it back in beta testing because right now it wastes enormous amount of time.