SOLVED

Welcome to OneNote For Android Beta Program!

Microsoft

Hi there! As you might be aware, Google + is shutting down shortly for consumers. Therefore, we have decided to migrate to techcommunity.microsoft.com. We request you all to continue conversations here.

To participate in beta community discussions, please do the below:

• Navigate to this link and press "Follow".
  • Press "start new conversation" to create a new thread.
  • In case you wish to respond to existing threads, please reply to them directly. 

We look forward to continuing interactions on TechCommunity, and request you all to follow OneNote Android asap.

Thanks for your support through this migration!

Regards,

Microsoft OneNote on Android

Note: There will be no change in the way you will get beta builds, these will continue to happen as usual through play store (link). To check if you are beta user, please open Play Store and look out for a banner which says "You are a beta tester for this app. Future updates will include beta versions."

14 Replies
I've been having this same issue for 1 month now.ever since the last android update on my S9+. I have tried everything just short of buying a new phone.i finally broke down and did a factory reset on my phone yesterday. Onenote still crashes. Can get small windows of time when it work after a fresh install or after I remove all cache and data. But without fail it continues to crash. I live my life on OneNote. I am seriously thinking about getting a new phone or switching to a different note taking app

So sorry about your experience. We are looking into this.

@Regiii wrote:
I've been having this same issue for 1 month now.ever since the last android update on my S9+. I have tried everything just short of buying a new phone.i finally broke down and did a factory reset on my phone yesterday. Onenote still crashes. Can get small windows of time when it work after a fresh install or after I remove all cache and data. But without fail it continues to crash. I live my life on OneNote. I am seriously thinking about getting a new phone or switching to a different note taking app

Sincere apologies about the issue and lack of acknowledgement as we are moving communities right now from G+ to tech community. We are looking into this
best response confirmed by MSFT_OneNote_Android1 (Microsoft)
Solution

@Regiii please let us know if the issue is resolved after latest update we have pushed in GP.

No, this issue has not been resolved. After trying the same things over and over again I finally gave up. One note does not work, crashed on loading. As a reminder I even did a complete factory reset on my phone! Onenote still doesn't work.
I'll keep installing updates as they come out, but I'm tired of trying. I'm just not using Onenote as much as I used to.
Thanks,
Rob
Fyi, I still want Onenote to work on my device. I use it on my work computer, my home computer, my wife and I share notebooks.
I will try anything, even if it does feel like the definition of insanity. :)
Let me know if you want me to try something...
Quick update. Onenote is still running smoothly!
Thanks again for your help!
Rob

@Regiii We are so glad you are unlocked with latest update. Thanks a lot for confirmation. Have a great weekend :)

The issue reported in the thread below has been resolved with the latest update .Thanks for your patience.

how to join if my account here does not match my google account? @Nakul Ashok 

@evilbaschdi You can create a Microsoft account with your google mail ID. Please click on "create new" on the sign in screen to create one, and start using OneNote. Please let us know if you have further questions, and apologies for the delayed response.

Are there any plans for updating OneNote's experience in Android Tablets to match those of OneNote's IPad version? When can we expect an update for Android Tablets with active pens? (I'm using a Galaxy Tab S6) @Nakul Ashok 

Quick update. Onenote is still running smoothly!
Thanks again for your help!
Jason
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MSFT_OneNote_Android1 (Microsoft)
Solution

@Regiii please let us know if the issue is resolved after latest update we have pushed in GP.

View solution in original post