Restructuring OneNote Class Notebook Suggestion

Iron Contributor

My suggestion is that OneNote Class Notebook Welcome section, technically the main section, should be personal. It then eliminates the need for a separate Teacher Only section and makes more logical sense.

A teacher would normally assume that this part of the notebook is meant for teachers’ personal use – only to find that this is shared across all student’s notebooks (for viewing). The Welcome section is currently an unnecessary duplication – since Class Notebook-wide sharing happens in the Library section.

The same applies to the students’ Notebook. When they open the notebook, they should already be in their main section, eliminating the need for a separate personal students’ section group. I.e. The welcome pages would be in their main section with Assignments, Notes sections etc. all on the same level. Again, I think this makes much more logical sense.

I you support this idea, please vote for it here.

2 Replies

I actually disagree. I use thelanding pad/ welcome page for week at a glance for all students. makes it really easy for them to see what's on tap for the week.

I never considered that use for the landing page. It's actually quite clever. However, I still stand by it that it is not obvious, or logically sound that the landing page is shared amongst all notebooks. The fact that an extra section group has to be created for teacher use only, as well as for student use, adds another level of complexity.
If my request doesn't get traction, I'm going to use your idea :-).