OneNote pages unable to delete.

Brass Contributor

Cannot delete from the browser. I get the error message below.

from ie11 browserfrom ie11 browser

When deleting the same page from the Desktop Client, deleted page just re-appears after a few seconds. 

Thoughts?

4 Replies

@isdataninja wrote:

Cannot delete from the browser. I get the error message below.

from ie11 browserfrom ie11 browser

When deleting the same page from the Desktop Client, deleted page just re-appears after a few seconds. 

Thoughts?

Anyone? Smiley Sad

So as it says, did you try make a force sync at the FILE tab?

File > Info > view sync status > sync now

If you can, please give more info for help. Such as:
1) which version of OneNote you using? 2013? 2016?
2) which platform you using? PC? Mac?

I've been using OneNote for years and never have this message before, so I believe this is a rare problem. If you actually need help, the more info the better chance people can help.

Cheers.

yes, forcing doesnt do anything. PC, 2016. 

2 suggestions if this still troubling you:

[1] Close the notebook and re-open
this will erase all cache file of the notebook and reload based on the version you have saved on OneDrive. Action path:
File > Info > Settings (of the notebook having problem) > Close
File > Open > (choose the notebook)

[2] Delete the page in Web Browser version of OneNote
very simple, just visit onenote.com open the notebook by web browser. delete the page there and let your desktop client refresh. this one take a few more steps but I will work easier.

close the notebook one desktop client > visit onenote.com > login > delete the said page > close the browser > open the notebook again on desktop client

I believe what causing this is about the conflicts of versions uploading/downloading to/from cloud. If you have saved your notebook on OneDrive it should work. Hope it helps. otherwise, bring it up again. :)