OneNote online “space” problem or bug!!! (Microsoft Support [Case #:1009005508])

Copper Contributor

<<<Microsoft Support [Case #:1009005508]>>>

What is the Problem?

There is a problem or bug with OneNote online. The problem is very specific related to the “space” issue.

How this problem can recur?
As an example, if you type 3 small lines in the page of OneNote online and then you copy the typed lines from “OneNote” to “Notepad”. You will find the space problem.
It adds the “space” after the line ends and between the lines. This is the main problem that why an additional “space” is adding automatically.

The text we type in OneNote online is listed below.

---------------------------------------------------------------

This is test line 1.

This is test line 2.

This is test line 3.

When we copy the typed lines from “OneNote” to “Notepad” and we get the below results.

This is test line 1. 

This is test line 2. 

This is test line 3. 

How this problem/ bug is impacting?
I also use OneNote online to keep the “Script’s code” and when I copy the “Script’s code” back into the tool it never works because It adds the “space” after the line ends and between the lines.

So, please assist to provide solution on this accordingly...

2 Replies

@Rahul_Malhotra 

To give some additional details :-

This reported problem is not specific to me or a particular device. It’s my belief that all users of OneNote online (https://www.onenote.com) will be facing this issue (if they have noticed this). I personally tested this on 10 + users on their different devices and the results are the same. That’s why I have given the example in a such way, even you can also test the same.

To give you an example :-

If I copy some data from Notepad and paste it on the page of OneNote online.

And then copy the data back from OneNote online and paste it in Notepad.

Then here is the problem. It adds the additional “space” after the line ends and between the lines.