Onenote copy/cut paste ink drawings are unproportional

Copper Contributor

I've been using Onenote for quite sometime, and this issue has always been happening but just now I decided I've had enough with it and want to find a solution. I looked online everywhere to find the solution but couldn't find one.

After writing something with my pen on the Onenote app on my Windows 10 touch laptop, for example the "Hello" written at the top of the image below, it looks fine. When I copy (or cut) and paste the copy anywhere on the board it "expands" the drawing like seen in the "Hello" at the bottom of the image.

I uninstalled and reinstalled, reset, tried to repair Onenote without a solution.

How do I fix this?

Tomersc_0-1624439897439.png

8 Replies
Don't think you can fix this. You could try converting the handwriting to typed text using the inbuilt functionality. You can at least then re-size it and, if you wish, change the font. Suspect that OneNote has a default size for copy/paste of handwriting!
Suppose I don't only write in English, I use many mathematical terms and draw graphs and equations that doesn't help me sadly.

Did you find a way to fix the issue? @Tomersc 

@llvrb_5 

Yes, you must open the Onenote page/section while englush keyboard is set on your computer and then it will work well.

I have the same problem and I need to copy a drawing from a section to another one and it's not just possible ! even after paste, when I want to resize it , it wouldn't be the same as it was before

@amirlahooti - long winded but you could try copying or saving the picture in to Microsoft Paint. Then resize in Paint, save as a jpeg or gif and then put it back in to OneNote. 

Alternatively, use the snipping tool (Windows key/Shift/s), draw around the picture to clip it. Open a blank PowerPoint slide, paste the clipped picture in to the slide and then resize. Then clip resized image and paste back in to OneNote. As a sidebar, this is a good way of getting multiple pictures together in a horizontal view. OneNote likes pictures to go one below the other! 

I have the same problem, I can work with this app.....
The <a href="https://www.hostdocket.com/quickbooks-error-code-12002/">Quickooks error code 12002</a> can be seen due to network timeout or slow internet speed or any other internet connectivity issue causing the software connectivity issues. This sort of error is seen with an error message that states