SOLVED

offline notebooks will not sync

Copper Contributor

All my notebooks appear to be offline only and will not sync. Notebook icon has a triangle in the bottom left corner and each note says "saved offline(error)".

I've tried to sync all notebooks. I logged out of my Microsoft account and logged back in but no change.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by gtmccann (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@gtmccannHi, this is not uncommon with OneNote. Continue attempting to sync the notebooks, give it a few hours and come back later if needed.

If the problem persists and you cannot get the notes to sync then create new Notebooks and use the copy/move to function to copy your old broken notes to the new location. This is the only certain method to fix this issue,

@Kotus-Tech Thank you. Creating a new notebook and moving is working. Appreciate the help!

@gtmccannGlad to hear it, all the best!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by gtmccann (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@gtmccannHi, this is not uncommon with OneNote. Continue attempting to sync the notebooks, give it a few hours and come back later if needed.

If the problem persists and you cannot get the notes to sync then create new Notebooks and use the copy/move to function to copy your old broken notes to the new location. This is the only certain method to fix this issue,

View solution in original post