Issue during sync notes between Samsung Notes and OneNote

Copper Contributor

I have just updated my Samsung Galaxy s6 lite to the latest version of Samsung Notes, which includes the possibility to sync the notes between Samsung Notes and OneNote. I have made all the passages at this link https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/office/sincronizzare-samsung-notes-con-il-feed-di-onenote-581e00.... (confirmed both by Samsung and Microsoft support) but on OneNote for Windows 10, OneNote 2016 and OneNote's feed on Outlook.com doesn't show any of my notes on Samsung Notes. I have tried also to reinstall the app with the Microsoft support and also to re-login to the app with my Microsoft account, the one I use on OneNote, but nothing changed.

My brother also has the same tablet and also the same problem: no notes showed.

I have called at first Samsung, who said that is a problem of syncing, so is a problem of microsoft.

I also think it could be a problem of syncing, because when I press on "Sync now" on the Samsung Notes app, it sync more than 100 notes instantly (very strange)...

The microsoft support told me to open a new discussion here, if no one talked about it before (I searched but nothing found), so sorry if I made another discussion with this argument.

Thanks to could help me

28 Replies

@Pernille-Eskebo: Can we, as consumers, expect better (bi-directional) synchronization between Samsung Notes and OneNote in the near future, or an updated version of OneNote taking better advantage of the S Pen and (finally) allowing Copy-Paste (why are we even talking about this)?

I cannot believe Samsung's Tab S7 is currently the best available hardware, just to find out that the mobile apps are an utter joke even compared to a years old version of OneNote UWP!

im using tablet s6lite also have the same problem. i hate it. i hope for the storage will also sync to google drive or one drive.. @Lumacher 

@IT_user Yes! I saw it in my OneNote FEED but there were only 4 notes synced. I have around 50 and they're nowhere. Plus, my Samsung Notes aren't getting synced even though I click on sync. It keeps saying it synced in January after the "syncing" message.

Same here, tablet not syncing at all. Syncing among different OneNote devices works without problems, so I assume it is related to Samsung Notes App on the Android device not doing anything.

Same with me: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra @Tom_42 

Same issue with note 10
So disappointing 🤷‍:male_sign:
Really can’t believe since November this has been an issue that hasn’t been resolved. I bought a tablet s7 for the reason they advertise that it is a great note taking tool but haven’t resolved this critical issue. I’m always on the move and have to constantly switch between phone and tablet so having my notes synced on both devices is crucial and was a big reason why i bought the s7 in the first place. Hopefully this gets addressed soon
I am having the same issue. Just a single note syncs between Samsung notes and my Onenote feed

Can I suggest everyone leaves a negative review on the Samsung notes app in their Galaxy store mentioning this issue - no-one seems to have mentioned it to Samsung !
I'm facing the same issue