SOLVED

How to recover deleted blocks in Onenote?

Copper Contributor

How to recover deleted blocks in Onenote? I tried on OneDrive, I see they are there, but I can't download.

12 Replies

Hi @renatosilva ,

Did you look in the Recycle Bin? It isn't visible at first sight.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/recover-deleted-notes-32ed1036-74fd-4c21-bc28-033a486e6b14

Kind regards

Hans

best response confirmed by renatosilva (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Hans Le Roy 

Yes, I looked there. There's nothing. It is clean.
This happened a week ago, after the HD had problems and had to replace it with a new one. Perhaps that can guide you better.

Thanks!

Hi @renatosilva ,

> I see they are there, but I can't download.

HOW do you see them?

Recycle bin > restore them

In some section > right-click to copy to a section that does synchronize.

Kind regards

Hans

Hi @Hans Le Roy 

I made a backup of the old hard drive. In it, I see that two shortcuts appear that talk about OneNote. I click on them and they open https://onedrive.live.com/ (Fig. 1) and see the missing blocks. By clicking on them they open Onedrive (Fig. 2) and show an empty spot with the following message: Perhaps this item does not exist or is not available.

Thanks!

Fig. 1Fig. 1Fig. 2Fig. 2
Fiz um backup do HD antigo. Nele, vejo que dois atalhos aparecem que falam sobre o OneNote. Clico neles e eles abrem https://onedrive.live.com/ e enxergo os blocos faltantes. Ao clicar sobre eles eles abrem o Onedrive e mostram um local vazio com a seguinte mensagem: Talvez este item não existe ou não está disponível.

Hi @Hans Le Roy 

I looked there, nothing of the subject. In your answer, I can't find Choose File> Info> Open Backups.

Hi@renatosilva ,

No idea where that File> Info> Open Backups comes from - not from me.

From here, I'd open a CMD prompt, go to the drive with the backups and issue

dir *.one /s

Or else, do a search for

*.one

in Windows Explorer.

Kind regards

Hans

And also; HOW did you create that backup?

Hi @Hans Le Roy 

After CMD, look at what happened. I think the two blocks I'm looking for are missing, IUESO *** and IFG ***. What do you think?After CMDAfter CMD

Hi @Hans Le Roy 

A friend (coach) did it for me. You partitioned the hard drive into C \: and F \ :, on which is the entire backup. He returned the old hard drive, but I don't know if it works anymore.

Thanks!

Hi,

Ask your friend (coach).

a backup can be done by a straight copy, in which case you have the files in the original state.

In all other cases, the backup has to be restored or files have to been extracted. But it is vital to know how the backup is done.

Kind regards

Hans

Hi @Hans Le Roy 

I asked him on Whatsapp, but I think it was straightforward, because I see the normal files and directories.

Thanks!

Wi @Hans Le Roy 

Was straight copy.

Thanks!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by renatosilva (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Hans Le Roy 

Yes, I looked there. There's nothing. It is clean.
This happened a week ago, after the HD had problems and had to replace it with a new one. Perhaps that can guide you better.

Thanks!

View solution in original post