Unable to Sync SharePoint Library (2016 On-Premise) with OneDrive (O365)

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I"m having a SharePoint 2016 On-Premises site, where i want to sync a SharePoint Library, while hitting the sync icon, it prompts and ask me to select Sync now , after clicking sync now, a windows popup alert asking me to Allow to use the storage in my laptop, after allowing it does nothing.

i'm using a Win 10 machine, and the OneDrive icon is like

A blue icon with this hover text: "OneDrive - <mycompany> , which indicates that i'm using OneDrive sync client, and somehow it is not compatible with my SharePoint sites.

I think that this could be the issue, SharePoint site (Specific to my Project) and OneDrive (Specific to my Organization), are of different version.

My another question, will this get resolved when we are upgrading our SharePoint site (Specific to my Project) to O365, ? 

For both the SharePoint site (Specific to my Project) and OneDrive (Specific to my Organization) we use the email id to login. 

Please Help me to fix this issue.

6 Replies
If I recall correctly, next Generation Sync Client is not supported in SP 2016 so that could explain the issues you are having...you might need the old Groove Client

So, i have to download and install the old groov client, in that case, is it possible to use both the client in my machine, one for my project (old)and one for my organization (New)@Juan Carlos González Martín 

So, i have to download and install the old groov client, in that case, is it possible to use both the client in my machine, one for my project (old)and one for my organization (New)@Juan Carlos González Martín 

Yeah, you should be able to use both
You will need to test it bearing in mind the updates continuously done by Microsoft to the new client and if it can live with no problems with the old one...they should, but you need to test it carefully...I would recommend to do it in a test machine before doing in a user machine