Feb 14 2022 11:44 AM
Feb 14 2022 11:44 AM
I am new to managing a microsoft 365 account. My husband has always managed the technology aspects in our lives. I recently lost him in an accident. It appears that he was using a couple computers and laptops to also be able to work from home and at his place of business. I have managed to pay to keep our Microsoft 365 Family plan so I do not loose any of our important files. I have tried locating a number for a LIVE person to assist but there does not appear to be a human interaction involved in Microsoft. Funny how I live less than 2 hours from their HQ but I cannot speak to a human...anyway...
My questions are:
1) He and I were the only ones to utilize the OneDrive accounts. But after doing some reading, I am curious if I am required to be using a business account. Am I correct?
2) The account went into pass due payment so I was trying to find how to choose the option to renew but I could only renew under the Family Plan 365. I paid the bill in fear of loosing all our documents.
2) Can I convert our plan from a family plan to a business plan without losing any files if I am required too? How? And will I loose all his settings? I would really prefer to keep what he already has set up so it is one less thing for me to struggle through right now.
3) Prior to paying the invoice, I also updated the Family Plan to reflect my name, added my email (his is still primary) and updated the password. He had me set up in there as an organizer (Honestly I do not know what that grants me).
4) When I reset the password, it has locked me out of some of the computers we were using. How do I fix this?
5) I am also trying to continue with his business that I had almost zero involvement in. With that said, I will want to be able to make some files are now inaccessible to others as I have people helping me transition the business under my name.
I know this is a lot of questions and I am sorry. If you have any guidance that you think can help, I would really appreciate it. I cant tell you the number of hours I have into trying to figure this all out.
Feb 14 2022 04:00 PM