SOLVED

Transfer OneDrive Files (Account already disabled) to Another OneDrive

Copper Contributor

Hi Community, 
Hope you can help me.

I would like to transfer/migrate all my (old) OneDrive files to another (new) OneDrive but my old OneDrive account is already disabled.

Is there any resolution for this?
Hope you can provide links also.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by peaaarlx (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@peaaarlx 

If your old OneDrive account is with another organisation, then I would suspect they would not allow for privacy / security reasons you to gain access to your files.

If the old OndDrive account is with your existing organisation, I would get their MS 365 Admin / Technical team to allow you access to migrate to the new account.

Either way the easiest way to migrate files from one account to another is to add the old account details (once enabled) in the OneDrive client and then you will have two OneDrive entries in File Explorer. Perforn a File Sync on the old OneDrive account and once completed, copy the files over to the new OneDrive account.

If I have misunderstood, please accept my apologies.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by peaaarlx (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@peaaarlx 

If your old OneDrive account is with another organisation, then I would suspect they would not allow for privacy / security reasons you to gain access to your files.

If the old OndDrive account is with your existing organisation, I would get their MS 365 Admin / Technical team to allow you access to migrate to the new account.

Either way the easiest way to migrate files from one account to another is to add the old account details (once enabled) in the OneDrive client and then you will have two OneDrive entries in File Explorer. Perforn a File Sync on the old OneDrive account and once completed, copy the files over to the new OneDrive account.

If I have misunderstood, please accept my apologies.

View solution in original post