Some files in the OneDrive sync folder can't be read, copied, pasted, deleted and run OneDrive still

Copper Contributor

Some files in the OneDrive sync folder can't be read, copied, pasted, deleted and run OneDrive still can't delete the fault, prompt 0x8007016a, how to solve?

12 Replies
Did this just happen all of a sudden?

Tried to remove the account in settings and then set it up again?
Also try to temporarily disable files on demand and see if that helps

@adam deltinger 

It may be that the technician made some settings on OneDrive, some files are unreadable, and some files work fine.

Are they the same if you try to open them in the web version?

If so, you could try use the version history on those files! Or use the Onedrive restore feature

@adam deltinger 

I have tried many methods but can't solve the problem. This seems to be a problem with OneDrive file permissions.

@adam deltinger 

The files in the network version are the same as the files in your computer's local OneDrive folder. I mean some files can't be read under the Documents folder on the local computer, and the OneDrive offline folder is also under Documents. A prompt appears when copying a file with a problem. Please refer to the attached drawings.

Select a file and click ... version history!

You also have a cogwheel up on the right on the onedrive web! Click onedrive restore to go back in history for the whole library

@adam deltinger 

The problem is that the file in question is not in the OneDrive folder, but in the adjacent folder, the fault code is the same as the prompt when operating the OneDrive file.

Where is the file if not in the onedrive folder?

@adam deltinger 

The top-level folder is Documents, the lower-level folder is OneDrive, and there is a problem with the files in the OneDrive adjacent folder.

Yes but you are telling me that you get the same errors from the web as well, so this should be a sync issue