SOLVED

•SharePoint Online Plan 2 OneDrive storage is unlimited?

Brass Contributor

Hi,

Few of our O365 subscriptions included with SharePoint Online plan 2. I found this post https://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/onedrive-for-business-service-description.aspx has mentioned

The following qualifying plans provide unlimited OneDrive storage per user for subscriptions with at least five users. Microsoft will provide an initial 5 TB of storage space per user. Customers who want additional OneDrive storage can request it as needed by contacting Microsoft Support.

So, I wanted to be crystal clear on this statement, each of my SharePoint online plan 2 subscription users will get FREE 5TB of OneDrive storage by default and if i need unlimted FREE storage i can get it by contacting MS support with no extra cost?

Thanks

7 Replies
If you have 5 or more users, yes that is what they are saying.

Only some plans, as detailed in the article. Read, commercial E3/E5 SKUs and the standalone ODFB plan 2, which is like $10 per month. I would hardly call it free.

@Vasil Michev wrote:

Only some plans, as detailed in the article. Read, commercial E3/E5 SKUs and the standalone ODFB plan 2, which is like $10 per month. I would hardly call it free.

I try to find SKUs barley found a few but the mystery remind same NO exact anwer!! Can you or anyone tag someone who can give the exact answer here?
Or please point me in the right direction where do i have to contact? 

best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
Few of our O365 subscriptions included with SharePoint Online plan 2. I found this post https://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/onedrive-for-business-service-description.aspx has mentioned

As you mentioned your O365 subscriptions include SharePoint Online plan 2, you are eligible for the 5TB + free when requested. Seems pretty clear to me here:

The following qualifying plans provide unlimited OneDrive storage per user for subscriptions with at least five users. Microsoft will provide an initial 5 TB of storage space per user. Customers who want additional OneDrive storage can request it as needed by contacting Microsoft Support. Subscriptions with less than five users receive 1 TB of storage per user.
OneDrive for Business Plan 2
SharePoint Online Plan 2
Office 365 Enterprise E3
Office 365 Enterprise E5
Office 365 Education
Office 365 Education E5
Office 365 US Government E3
Office 365 Government G5

"Subscriptions with less than five users receive 1 TB of storage per user."

Does it mean if i subscriped with one user only for OneDrive for Business Plan 2. i will not be able to get the 5 TB storage?  

Yes! you need atleast 5 license to get 5TB of storage...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
Few of our O365 subscriptions included with SharePoint Online plan 2. I found this post https://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/onedrive-for-business-service-description.aspx has mentioned

As you mentioned your O365 subscriptions include SharePoint Online plan 2, you are eligible for the 5TB + free when requested. Seems pretty clear to me here:

The following qualifying plans provide unlimited OneDrive storage per user for subscriptions with at least five users. Microsoft will provide an initial 5 TB of storage space per user. Customers who want additional OneDrive storage can request it as needed by contacting Microsoft Support. Subscriptions with less than five users receive 1 TB of storage per user.
OneDrive for Business Plan 2
SharePoint Online Plan 2
Office 365 Enterprise E3
Office 365 Enterprise E5
Office 365 Education
Office 365 Education E5
Office 365 US Government E3
Office 365 Government G5

View solution in original post