Shared notification email from Word is in English

Copper Contributor

Hi, we're a French speaking school and our Office and Office365 environments are configured as French.

When we shared a document from Word Online, the notification email the receipient received is all in French as we expect (see below)

WordOnline.png

But when we share the same document directly from Word (Windows application, not web), the notification auto generated text is in English (see below)

Word.png

Anybody knows how to fix this or is it a known issue?

Thanks.

7 Replies

Hi @SylvainG ,

Great question :) Let me follow up with the team and see what's going on. Thanks!

Stephen Rice

OneDrive Program Manager II

@SylvainG ,

First question for you :) What does the share dialog look like in Word client? Is it the new sharing dialog that shows up on Web or is it the legacy sharing experience? If it is the former, what language is the dialogue in? Thanks!

Stephen Rice

Hi, thanks for the response. Here's what the sharing dialog boxes look like. Everything is in French:

WordShare1.png

Once we select "Partager avec des personnes" (share with people), the document reopens with the sharing section on its right as such:

WordShare2.png

From there, we invite people and click on "Partager" (Share).

Running Office 2016 (16.0.4738.1000). Currently applying most recent patches but there are many so it will take a while.

Hi @SylvainG ,

That is the old version of the sharing experience in Office (later versions of Office have the same experience that you get on the web). That probably explains why you are seeing different e-mail experiences. Thanks!

Stephen Rice

Hi, thanks for the reply. By old version, what do you mean? I applied all the Office 2016 patches and the result is the same. Do you mean it's fixed in Office 2019?

Hi @SylvainG ,

It is fixed in 2019 as well. Is your 2016 client on the O365 update cadence or is it a standalone client? Thanks!

Stephen Rice

We're on Office 2016 standalone. We're planning on upgrading to 2019 next Summer. So for now, it's a known deficiency and that's what I'll tell my users that asked about that problem.

Thanks for your help,